In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

If you shot a world record what would you do?

shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
Would you sell the deer?

I couldn't, it would mean to much to me. However, I may lease it out to some people for a few years, I don't have anywhere to put it at the moment anyways.

Comments

• Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    like you, i might consider leasing it, but i would never sell it. i'd get hooked up with all the major sponsors, start hunting for a living, quit my job, move west and buy a ranch. become buddies with the Nuge, start my own tv show, ya know......just the normal stuff.

41 and counting...
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    After I changed my underwear, I would probably sell it. They're worth too much money not to, IMO.

Ben

President: Loyal Order of Teletubbies
    elefuns5038.gif
    Distinguished Kuwaiti Observer
    un_medal_ikom.jpg
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    If I needed the money I would have a replica made and sell it. I'll let you know when I shoot one[:p]

Mathews1.gif
  • Options
    carson0384carson0384 Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Show me the money, then i can do the things i want, mean, you cant eat the rack

whatnow.jpg

"Guns don't kill people, husbands who come home early do." -Larry the Cable Guy
  • Options
    edited November -1
    now remember that Beattey only got offered around 20000 for his buck
  • Options
    FANNINFANNIN Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    After I changed my underwear, I would probably sell it. They're worth too much money not to, IMO.

Ben

elefuns5038.gif
    un_medal_ikom.jpg

WHAT!!! you'd sell your underwear? Gross! [:D][:D]

Anyway, I am in the process of haveing my record Turkey mounted and will get it back in April....I know a guy at Bass Pro that said the BP would problaly offer me about $4-6K for it. Don't think I'd do it just cause I doubt it will be displayed at my local store.
  • Options
    Mr.PissyPantsMr.PissyPants Member Posts: 3,575
    edited November -1
    After wetting myself, I would probably use it to make as much money as I could without selling it, becoming a corporate wh*re and lending my buck's image to everything from urine scents to cereal boxes. I would invest wisely and eventually open a food processing plant specializing in habanero salsa and bbq baked beans.

Neo-Jedi Order
    th_reblogo.gif
    Jedi Knight
    th_23031.gifth_22987.jpgMWC '05
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I'll just advertise them as "made in america" and sell them to the French. They'll buy anything.

Ben

elefuns5038.gif
    un_medal_ikom.jpg
  • Options
    jellomedicjellomedic Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would want to keep it but everyone is right there is too much money not too.
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    they can make replicas of deer these days. i'd get a rep made and keep it on my wall, and sell the other, or vice versa.

41 and counting...
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Id hold out for a wheties box anything less than that is small time

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would not sell it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After all once you did that you would not be any differant than, oh??? I don't know, hhhmmm, Who's a sell out??? Oh who is that deermaster(is that what he's called[?][:D])! Oh the BUCKMASTER! IMO. I do this for me, not anyone else! If they want to give me money for pics then who knows but for them taking my trophy they better bring a bigger gun than they'll be met at the door with![;)]

untitled.jpg
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd have to keep the real rack sell the fakes [:D]

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I would make an agreement where the company buying has to supply me a identical replical and have my name on the original then I'd sell it.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    Brings to mind the Member here for at least a short time named Brad Jerman making inquire's about the huge record book he shot here in Ohio.Is he still active here?Anybody remember his user name?

His picture is on the Front Cover of the Ohio Hunting Law Book this year with his 201 & 1/8 B.C. Record Ohio Buck.

1-Powder
    2-Patch
    3-Ball
    4-Remove the Rod
    5-Do Not Forget the Cap.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by s.gun

Brings to mind the Member here for at least a short time named Brad Jerman making inquire's about the huge record book he shot here in Ohio.Is he still active here?Anybody remember his user name?

His picture is on the Front Cover of the Ohio Hunting Law Book this year with his 201 & 1/8 B.C. Record Ohio Buck.

Yeah, I remember that.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I think that is what ENOS was referring to. I'm guessin anyway.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I believe the guy your talking about got a nipple mailed to him by someone named Bang and he is still sucking it. (In between ULTIMATE whitetail deer conventions of course).
    [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent