In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ok everyone can u say a prayer for a fellow hunter

ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
a customer of mine and his son was hunting yesterday and his son got shot in the gut. don't know all the details yet the boy is hanging on but will need a lot of prayer. hope i don't offend anyone by asking if so then i am sry.

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I will say I prayer for the victim. AN Inniocet person. However I would like to hear the details. So I can voice an accurate answer to the shooter.

Dear God please watch over this Boy who has the rest of his life to live. A-men.

Mathews1.gif
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Prayers sent

its all about pucks and bucks
    batman_logo_30_2.jpg
    edited November -1
    IT"S ALL TO COMMON AS A HUNTER I DO NOT BELIEVE CALLING IT AN ACCIDENT WHEN YOU SHOOT ANOTHER PERSON[V][:(!] makes my blood boil[xx(]

Boy shot himself in hand while hunting, police say
    Subscribe. November 13, 2001. Boy shot himself in hand while hunting, police say. By Heather Yakin. The Times Herald-Record. hyakin@th-record.com ... Joseph's Road in Forestburgh. The boy accidentally shot himself in the hand with a 20-gauge ...
    www.recordonline.com

deseretnews.com | Payson boy, 14, shot while hunting doves
    ... Payson boy, 14, shot while hunting doves. PAYSON ??? A 14-year-old Payson boy was in critical ... Thursday after he was shot in an apparent hunting accident Wednesday night ...
    deseretnews.com

Safe Hunting?: Boy Shot While Hunting Doves - Take Action Against Hunting - Committee to Abolish Sports Hunting - ...
    ... Take Action Against Hunting. Safe Hunting? Boy Shot While Hunting Doves ... The boy was shot while he was hunting doves with two other boys near West Mountain ...
    www.all-creatures.org

TEEN FATALLY SHOT WHILE HUNTING - Committee to Abolish Sport Hunting - Hunting Accidents - hunting, sport hunting, ...
    ... TEEN FATALLY SHOT WHILE HUNTING. Authorities say a 13-year-old boy was fatally shot Saturday in a ... and two other boys had been hunting squirrels and target shooting ...
    www.all-creatures.org

?? IN-FORUM ??
    ... Fargo boy shot by dad in hunting accident ... A 12-year-old Fargo boy was accidentally shot Sunday while hunting pheasants with his father in southwestern Cass County ...
    www.in-forum.com

?? IN-FORUM ??
    ... was accidentally shot in the face and chest while hunting with his father says the boy is doing ... WDAY: Boy shot by father while hunting. Text Size: A A A ...
    www.in-forum.com

Area news briefs
    Area news briefs. Boy shoots self while hunting. BOVINA ??? A Long Island child shot himself Sunday morning while hunting, state police at Margaretville said. Because the boy is a minor, troopers said, his name was not available. ... year-old boy, from Syosset, Long Island, accidentally shot himself with a .33-06-caliber rifle while hunting in the ...
    www.thedailystar.com

Boy shot in hunting accident
    The Online Edition of the Cortez Journal from Cortez, Colorado ... A 15-year-old boy was injured on Friday night while he and another juvenile, also 15, hunted prairie dogs on private ...
    www.cortezjournal.com

AP Wire | 11/14/2005 | Jonesville man shot while hunting
    Search Recent News Archives Web for. ONLINE EXTRAS. SITE SERVICES. Tuesday, Nov 15, 2005. Local. Posted on Mon, Nov. 14, 2005. Jonesville man shot while hunting. Associated Press ... 27-year-old Jonesville man was shot to death while hunting with a neighbor and another teenager, police ... talking with Austin and a 16-year-old boy, authorities said. ...
    www.thestate.com

The Michigan Sportsman Forums - 14 yr old boy shot in the face
    Michigan hunting and fishing forums, outdoors chat room, hunting and fishing classifeds, wild game and Michigan outdoor pictures. ... was shot in the face while hunting. He was wearing orange. Sitting in a tree stand. The boy was hunting close to ... their hunt. The boy

THIS IS CRAP IT SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING

Mathews1.gif
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Prayer sent.

There was a lady killed down close to where we were hunting this weekend. again don't know details, except shot by another hunter. wearing orange I just don't understand how you can confuse a person for a deer. Know your target.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    got some of the details. it was a freak accident he was at the camphouse and a guy was target shooting and he got hit by a ricochet bullet . he is in critical condition but it looks good for a full recovery, the guy shooting has took full responsablity. you would think they would pratice somewhere besides by the camp house maybe a dirt pit or range somewhere.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Good news to hear.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Prayer sent.

There was a kid that was shot by his Father in Jasper county 7-10 years ago. His dad shot at a skylined buck, and somehow hit his son in the head. His son was 175 yards away.

Ben

President: Loyal Order of Teletubbies
    elefuns5038.gif
    Distinguished Kuwaiti Observer
    un_medal_ikom.jpg
    edited November -1
    I dont believe in accidents. when handeling a gun. you pull the trigger you are responsible for wherever that bullet winds up. I feel bad that in this day and age with all the education this kind of thing still happens. and instead of manslaughter we choose to call it accident. which in my view propetuates appathy.

Mathews1.gif
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    I dont believe in accidents. when handeling a gun. you pull the trigger you are responsible for wherever that bullet winds up. I feel bad that in this day and age with all the education this kind of thing still happens. and instead of manslaughter we choose to call it accident. which in my view propetuates appathy.

Appathy and the lack of responsbility. But rather then taking responsblity for an accident, we need to take the responsiblity before an accident.
    edited November -1
    Well said SHOFF.[;)] Here is a good example . Mind you I things happen sometimes. The other day I was working on my truck. what does my wife do when my hands are in the engine shes cleaning the house and presses the button on the automact starter for my truck well luckly I still have all my fingers and she said Im sorry and I told her as I tell my guy's at work " ALL THE I'M SORRYS IN THE WORLD ARENT GOING TO HELP WHEN SOMEONE HAS NO FINGERS , TOES OR LIFE . I know I may sound harsh but after somthing happens its too late.

Mathews1.gif
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope all works out for the young lad, always hate seeing about hunting accidents. Prayers on the way.

00deer4.gif
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Well said SHOFF.[;)] Here is a good example . Mind you I things happen sometimes. The other day I was working on my truck. what does my wife do when my hands are in the engine shes cleaning the house and presses the button on the automact starter for my truck well luckly I still have all my fingers and she said Im sorry and I told her as I tell my guy's at work " ALL THE I'M SORRYS IN THE WORLD ARENT GOING TO HELP WHEN SOMEONE HAS NO FINGERS , TOES OR LIFE . I know I may sound harsh but after somthing happens its too late.

Sounds like what my grandpa did to me on an unloading auger for a grain bin. He didn't drain it out one day and it froze up so I am sitting there twisting it by hand the switch is not ten feet away. I am twisting on the belt pulley and he flipped the switch. Luckly I had leather gloves on, because my hand took the belt off the pulley.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sent from here.

Good to hear he is expected to recover.

The gene pool needs chlorine.