In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Nice Buck

nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
8 pionter-143 pounds-14 inch inside....."He's gunna taste good"
PetesBuck4.jpg
PetesBuck1.jpg
Abort Cuomo

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I got this from another forum and thougt it was to funny not to post on here [:D][:D]

does anyone know who this bucks dentist was?
    2008-Buck-10-16-08_smile.jpg
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice deer! Congrats!

untitled.jpg
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice deer

the antlers on that one look wierd with the webbing adds a lot of character to the rack.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nice 1...congrats [:D]

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    where in ny did ya shoot that fine specimen

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I got about 20 miles north of Albany, NY. It is Upstate in the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains.
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    so that means your in mechanicville saratogs area. Im from fonda its about 40 minutes west of albany exit 28 off the thruway

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That is correct Headzilla. I took this fine beast in the town of Stillwater, just off Exit 12 of I87 Northway.
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice deer. Looks like you hit him high in the back. Spine hit? It normally drops em like a sack of flour. [:D]

"They call me Don. Dr. Jason Donald Dalinger."
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Great looking deer.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I love the way the brow tines come off the main beam ,, Good looking deer are you going to mount him[}:)][}:)] On the wall that is[:0][:D][:D]

Mathews1.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Not to brag, but I feel he is a little small. I have a few much larger than this one already shoulder mounted. I am doing a skull mount (European Mount) myself. I skinned the skull and cut it with my sawzall from behind the skull right down the snout. I need to boil the skull, trim it up and then I will mount it on a nice piece or Cherry or Walnut. It should look nice on the wall in my game room.
    A buddy of mine had one done a fews years back. The taxidermist gets $150 for it. I can do it myself with a little time and sweat. I will post a picture when its complete.

a1peteshooting.jpg
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats on the buck and as far as braggin, hell I would[:D]

00deer4.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nyforester, I too do my own European mounts. I am boiling a spike right now my Dad killed Saturday. They are really easy to do and look good on the wall. I have about 8 or 9 done by myself now. My wife thinks it looks a little morbid, but I like it.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hi Dr.
    This is my first try. Do you have any tricks I might want to know about ?

a1peteshooting.jpg
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I'm working on my first right now too, with a little help. Tips would be appreciated.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nyforester and Bang, As far as tips go, I only have one word of caution, do not boil it for too long. I have done quite a few, but ruined one because I boiled it to the point of where it became brittle and when I went to cut the back side flat with a hacksaw, the skull just crumbled. Gagirl posted some good information about the European mount. Use the peroxide with the cotton balls to wick it up onto the skull. I use an aluminum pie pan to do this, then I put it on the roof of my house tied to a 10 pound weight so the wind does not blow it off and shatter it. Within 6 to 8 hours of direct sunlight, it should turn snow white. I use my coleman stove and a metal 5 gallon can(the can that the deck sealant comes in) to boil the skull. Some people boil it on the stove in the house, but my wife would not approve. My brother uses his turkey fryer to boil his skulls. I will post some pictures of some of the ones I have done in a few days. Good luck.

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    after cleaning it you can also burry it in some sand ants and bugs do a great cleaning job... Look at skulls you find in the woods nice and clean...

Mathews1.gif