In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Treestands

surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ever walk out to your stand and find someone else sitting in it [?] [:(!]...What would you do,they are on private land [?]

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)

Comments

• LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sit down and wait for them to climb down...and then administer a dose of backwoods respect for other folks property. [xx(][:(!][}:)]
  • jellomedicjellomedic Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remove it while he's sittin on it
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This has happened to a buddy of mine. He told the guy he was on private property and to leave. The guy refused until my buddy told him that he would be waiting at his truck with the law. His tune changed quick and he left. I would do everything to avoid an armed confrontation. Tresspassing isn't worth getting shot over.

waco.gif
    Semper Fi!
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    well this has happend to me... and I thought I made a good decision. Seeing as I got up at 3:30 am drove an hour to the woods walked all the way in. To start yelling would ruin my hunt. I asked what are you doing here the guy said hunting I said do you have permission he said yes.I asked him what the land owners name was he diddent know .. this area was already compromised at this point told him he better be gone when I come back . I then proceded to another spot in the area. Guess what I killed a deer that morning..[:)] When I went by the stand the guy was still there. I asked him to help me drag out my deer and he agreed. when we got to my truck I gave him the land owners # and told him to call and ask for permission.... I never saw or heard from that guy again... Thanks for helping me drag my deer[}:)][}:)][;)]

Mathews1.gif
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    There's a really nice stand on my family's property that I found the other day. I think I'm going to hunt it next shotgun season, and I'm sure that person who built it will find me in their stand on my own property. Should piss 'em off good.

Ben

President: Loyal Order of Teletubbies
    elefuns5038.gif
    Distinguished Kuwaiti Observer
    un_medal_ikom.jpg
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    There's a really nice stand on my family's property that I found the other day. I think I'm going to hunt it next shotgun season, and I'm sure that person who built it will find me in their stand on my own property. Should piss 'em off good.

Ben

elefuns5038.gif
    un_medal_ikom.jpg

Nah i'll just climb up there beside you[:D]

00deer4.gif
  • carson0384carson0384 Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Funny this got brought up. My fahter recently purchased about 40 acres and within the 40 acres we found 6 stands. All of them were grown into the trees and couldnt be removed. So I hunt them. Never caught anyone else in them but if I do, they can either trake their stand and leave (which is impossible, or they can leave.

I have found shells and a gut pile on the property so I guess they have snuck out once in a while

whatnow.jpg

"Guns don't kill people, husbands who come home early do." -Larry the Cable Guy
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    My brother and i have a nice new ladder stand from our back 40

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Taco, be careful, if you don't get pissed off, you may get pissed on.[:D]

Ben

elefuns5038.gif
    un_medal_ikom.jpg
  • jimdandijimdandi Member Posts: 122 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My buddy freaked on a guy who was in his stand.... and all that happened was the next time he went to hunt the tree the stand was in was chopped down....
    I've never had a stand problem but had to cooperate over goose hunting fields many times.... I still hunt with one of those "other hunters"
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    This year I have four other guys I know hunting either the same properties or ajoining properties to where I hunt. I told them to use my stands if my truck isn't there and in turn I use theirs.
    I doubt I would say much to someone I didn't know that was in my stand, not sure though. If it was gun season I wouldn't even walk up to them, end up finding some freak like they had in Michigan last year.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by surekill
    Ever walk out to your stand and find someone else sitting in it [?] [:(!]...What would you do,they are on private land [?]

Sure did, during gun season when I was 15. It was on private land, I didn't know what to do. My dad was not home. Went back the next day and the stand was gone.
  • grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last year during bow season while looking for the deer I arrowed, I found a guy hunting "groundhogs" from an illegal stand built on private property, with a shotgun loaded with buckshot. It's archery season,buckshot is illegal in Ohio, the stand is illegal, the guy is trespassing, I went ballistic on him, ran him out, then realized all I had was a pocket knife on me. I probably won't do that again.

Thanks, Grizztribefans@sssnet.com