In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Any one ever make?

ndeltagunsndeltaguns Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
Your own spray scent killer. Would baking soda and water work? Just curious if anyone has ever tried it.

It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.

Comments

• Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    if u go to archerytalk.com they have a recipe on there someplace

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    if u go to archerytalk.com they have a recipe on there someplace

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    ditto what zilla said.

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is one that I copied from Archery talk. There was quite a bit of an article with this formula and I haven't tried it yet. Some people on there were saying that they had used the 3% OTC stuff you can get at any grocery store and it worked for them.

ED NOTE: Though all of the ingredients listed below are considered basically harmless and can be purchased anywhere, the author of this article makes no guarantee that the end result of the mixture to be safe. If you want to make your own "home brew," do so at your own risk.
    1.5 quarts hydrogen peroxide (3 percent)
    NOTE: Do not use the product contained in brown colored bottles from the supermarket.
    2 quarts distilled water
    0.5 cup baking soda
    NOTE: I use Arm & Hammer brand baking soda
    1 ounce of unscented laundry detergent
    NOTE: I use Sport Wash laundry detergent
    Mix everything together in a large mixing bowl and then pour into a clean, white-colored plastic bleach container. Don't use a clear plastic milk jug. You will understand why as you read on. Also, let the container sit for a day or two with the cap off. Some oxygen will be released when the ingredients are mixed and the build up of pressure could blow the cap off. The contents must be allowed to equilibrate before tightening the cap. Fill spray bottles that you take into the field when needed.

Baquacil brand Shock and Oxidizer is nothing more than 27-percent strength hydrogen peroxide (read the label). It can be found at most swimming pool supply stores.
    Hydrogen peroxide slowly breaks down to water when exposed to light, so store your home brew in a dark place such as a closet. This is why hydrogen peroxide is often sold in brown colored bottles.

This next part is very important: Do not use ordinary hydrogen peroxide that comes in little brown colored plastic bottles. The stuff at the supermarket has stabilizers in it and contains a slight odor. Pure hydrogen peroxide is odorless. I purchase pure hydrogen peroxide from a local swimming pool supply store. Baquacil brand Shock and Oxidizer is the product I use. It comes in a one-gallon size blue colored plastic container. It is pure 27-percent hydrogen peroxide (no additives or stabilizers). You will have to dilute it with distilled water, down to 3 percent strength in order to use it in your home brew recipe.

This equates to nine parts distilled water and one part Baquacil product.
    WARNING: Pure 27 percent hydrogen peroxide can burn or irritate the skin, so be careful.
    A jug of this stuff should cost less than twenty dollars and should last for quite a while. In fact, one container should produce about twenty-six (26) batches of home brew. I spray home brew on my boots and apparel, on my hands and in my hair. It works great for deodorizing deer decoys! However, I do not spray it on my bow or other equipment. The home brew formula effectively kills bacteria and chemically deodorizes malodors and can also be used around the home for cleaning and sanitizing surfaces.

waco.gif
    Semper Fi!
  • Options
    ndeltagunsndeltaguns Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the tip.

It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.