In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

how was the weekend

headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
from the day after thankgiving till today I hunted everyday. It was split up between deer drives and sitting and being cold. well after walking about 20 miles my team shot 3 deer and 2 coyotes. of all the places we went to where does all the shooting happen but at my house. My friend shot his first a buck a 7 pointer that dressed out at 160 pounds and 2 coyotes. I think im full of venison after cutting up deer for 5 hours[:p]

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.

Comments

• Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Havent been out at all lately...12 year old step-son got a doe last weekend during the youth-gun season...Checked stand yesterday,lots of tracks on the trail close by so I'm hopin to score early this morning...But I'll probably STILL be hunting come Saturday[V][:D]

Ruric, NE OHIO,
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Went out saturday night, and the damn hogs that I was going to shoot when I was home scared deer off three times. I didn't shoot them cause the butcher didn't want hogs untill after gun season. I wish I would have went and shot them on Wensday like I had planned.
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i haven't seen anything that i would or could shoot yet. i was watching a doe and little one sat evening sunday morning saw a small 4pt hubby did get us a doe so we will have tenderloins for supper tonight
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Killed another doe Sat morning and later that day killed 3 coyotes over the gutpile from the doe[:D]

00deer4.gif
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    very nice, taco[^]

President: Loyal Order of Teletubbies
    elefuns5038.gif
    Distinguished Kuwaiti Observer
    un_medal_ikom.jpg
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    3less yotes thats a good thing. you killed all three??? thats like getting a 160 class deer[:I][:D]

Mathews1.gif
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No joy for me. I only got to hunt Thurs AM and Sat AM. Rain and WIND moved in on Sunday. I did see 8 on Thrusday with 2 bucks but no shooters. Our ML and late archer comes in this weekend so I'll be back out there then.

waco.gif
    Semper Fi!
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well it kind of sucked and was kind of cool,I guess? Went out sunday afternoon and was windy as hell. I was ground hunting (NO BLIND) in a small tree line surrounded by cut bean and corn fields. At 3:00 had two deer come out at 150-200 yards away and the first one (DOE?) got staight down wind and took off, don't know if it was scent or not? The second one (BUCK?!) came close to the same spot and turned around and went back to the area they came from.[xx(] After that I was pretty dissapointed and kept a close eye out when I heard something coming frome behind me. had my hood up so couldn't see anything until he stopped 8 FEET to my left.(8 point buck) He never even looked at me then began trotting again and by the time I could get drawn and stopped he was 40 yrds away. Well took a shot and after he ducked it clean went after my arrow and walked it off and was dead on 40 yards![V] Well figured I was done when the other buck came from where he went in with nose burried in the same tracks the other one had just left 5 minutes before! came to me to 20 yards and caght me at the last of my draw! I took carefull aim and released,DUCKWhat the HELL? So it could of been told that I just missed two, but had to tell the long version.SORRY![V]

untitled.jpg