In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

PIX OF EURO MOUNT

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
Bang here the the pix of the european mount americian mount whatever ya want to call it

837e301f.jpg

Mathews1.gif

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I like it, thats what I'm talkin 'bout. thanks buckey

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    My friend shot a button bambi that I tried to get him to euro mount. My doberman has a bigger head, this damn deer was tiny. He wouldn't do it.

Ben

President: Loyal Order of Teletubbies
    elefuns5038.gif
    Distinguished Kuwaiti Observer
    un_medal_ikom.jpg
  • DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is a nice looking Euro mount Buckey. I just got back from my Dads doing the Thanksgiving thing. My brother got a small buck and an old guy (72) killed a nice 12 point on the adjoining property. I only saw one small doe, but it was a nice visit. Today was the first either sex day of gun season and there were many shots fired. I will try to get a picture of some of my Euro mounts posted soon.

"They call me Don. Dr. Jason Donald Dalinger."
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    What did you do to that Buckey? Wax it? Looks all shiney.

Did you dip it in bleach or leave it out in ants?

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Buckey
    How did you get it so WHITE ?
    I boiled mine, then soaked it in bleach and peroxide.
    It doesn't look anything like yours ?
    Give me some better tips.
    Thanks,
    Pete

a1peteshooting.jpg
    Abort Cuomo
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    My brother did that one. after it was bleached and dried out he rubbed on some white paint satin or flat they come out pretty and it covers any blemishes.

Mathews1.gif
    edited November -1
    Here are 3 Euro mounts that I did myself. I have a bunch more, but these are the only ones on panels. I was told not to use bleach because it will weaken the skull and if you drop it, it will shatter. The peroxide works good or you can paint it gloss white. Most taxidermists charge anywhere from $75 to $150 to do these and they are simple to do.
    [:D]
    Euromounts.jpg

• surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those look [8D] Don

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)
    edited November -1
    Those look great I also think they look better painted. they stand out more. Great job Doc[;)]

Mathews1.gif
    edited November -1
    How do you attach them to the plaque??

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
    edited November -1
    Drill a pilot hole and screw it in from the back of the plaque .. I'm sure others use different methods...[;)]

Mathews1.gif
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Drill a pilot hole and screw it in from the back of the plaque .. I'm sure others use different methods...[;)]

Mathews1.gif

Drywall type screw?

edited November -1
    Yes Just drill a piliot hole

Mathews1.gif
    edited November -1
    Bang, I use a 2 1/2" deck screw to attach the skull with. The panel is 3/4" birch plywood. Like Buckey said, drill a pilot hole smaller than the screw and it will cut threads into the skull as you tighten it up. Make sure you position the screw to hit a thick part of the bone in the back of the skull to get a good bite and don't overtighten or it can crack the skull. I then buy the picture hangers(the little metal strip with teeth:4 for a $1)and it is ready to go. You can make the panels yourself or buy them from a taxidermy supply co. To make the panel yourself you need a pattern, jigsaw, (a bandsaw is even better) and a router to bevel the edge. Then take black paint or shoe polish and color the router cut black, then stain the panel your favorite color stain, let dry and top coat with polyurethane. They look great and are a great project for after hunting season.[:D]

edited November -1
    Thanks!!!!

Looks like I have an off season project.

• FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice mounts. I thought about doing it myself ... perhaps pickup a new hobby. However, after paying for a kit, time and effort ... not to mention the smell ... I opted to have my taxidermist do it for $100 including the plaque.