In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

lease price per acre???

dahmerdahmer Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
It's getting really tough here in PA to find land to bowhunt that isn't under all kinds of pressure, especially when all the other seasons start coming in during archery season. We are trying to lease the farm we hunt on now. Those that have leased land, how much do you pay per acre to lease the hunting rights to the land. Just curious to how much we should pay. The farm has serious potential for bucks if you could get it to yourself. Thanks, Mark.

They that are willing to give up their liberty for a little safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin.

Comments

• headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    it all depends on where u are and what the prices are but i worn u. when u talk about leasing land the farmer will bring it up to other farmers saying how much he is making by leasing his land then all the farmers want to do it amking everyone have to pay to hunt

but lease land goes for about 5 to 20 an acer for prime land

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we have 6200 acres in alabama and pay 10,000 a yr but that includes lease ins. and the land that our camphouse is sitting on plus utilities. broke drow about 13 per acre
  • buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have a 1000 acre tract that we paid $9.00 per acre for this season.The timber company told us to be prepared for about$12.00 next season.
  • hivoltghivoltg Member Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I lease almost 400 acres in Hardeman couty Tn. for $600 a year. It has a cabin on it that has to be over 100 years old with no water or power

Cody

KungFu.gif
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My lease is around 900 acres and costs us about $7 an acre after adding the insurance and everything on. Like you, if I don't pay to be on a lease, I would have very little land to hunt on any more.

waco.gif
    Semper Fi!
  • craig_deer_huntercraig_deer_hunter Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How does insurance work? I am going to look at leasing and was wondering what all is involved. Do I need a lease drawn up or is there a standard form somewhere? Fill me in if you can.

Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to
    use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    don't know where you hunt but you can go to alabama forest owners.com and get some lease info i think they have a basic lease you can print out it may work in other states but then again it may not
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A different guy takes care of the paperwork part for our lease so I am not sure exactly how it works for us. I do know that we have to have liability insurance and we pay by the year. I think that this company even specializes in hunting leases. A few of our guys have been involved with several leases for close to 5 or 6 years now. If you want, I can try and find out some info on the company and pass it along to you if you like. Let me know and our lease is in Indiana.

waco.gif
    Semper Fi!
  • craig_deer_huntercraig_deer_hunter Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please do I cant seem to find out much around here. (North West Arkansas) Leasing hunting land is new to this area but we are having a pop. boom right now which means more hunters and less land. I hate to think that you have to lease a place to hunt but land prices around here are going up fast and so many places I used to hunt are being devloped. The places where the farmers are allowing people to hunt are being shut down because people have no ethics or respect for other peoples land, it makes me sick! When you think about all the money you spend on gear, the time you spend practicing and scouting a spot only to see it posted the next year it seems a lease is a small price to pay to know that I will have a place to teach my boys the sport I love. Sorry for the rant.

Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to
    use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Reading all this scares me.[:(] I'll have to get my wife to start baking more to share with the landowners that give me permission. The one guy "expects" a chocolate pie every year around new years. [:D]
    I can't imagine paying that much money to hunt. I think I'd venture on public hunting and hope for the best before I start forking out a grand or more to hunt.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent