In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Illinois hunt

hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
I finally got around to checking on licenses for Illinois and was very suprized at the price. All the rumors I heard about licenses going up to $400.00 for non-resadents were not true at all. I wated to late for the archery hunts so I will have to settel for gun season, not my first choise but the only choise I have now if I am to hunt up there. If I am drawn I will be heading north this season, Nov 18,19,& 20, to try and catch one of thoes big Illinois bucks slipping around. I will be in Lawrence County a little north of Allendale. Any body close to that area?.
Hornet

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Greatings from the South. Well guys and gals I made it back from Illinois with a deer. Got to shoot a 11 point while I was up north. Not a big rack but a nice deer. He was alot biger than the deer I get here on the coast. I had a great time as always. Met some great folks from up there and managed to pick up a little taxidermy busness while I was there also.
    Just had to let everyone know I made it back safe and sound and with some meet to put in the freezer. Maybe net season I can do this again with a bow.
    Hornet.
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where did you hunt ?
    Where you happy with the outfitter ?
    How much was the hunt ?
    How many deer did you see ?
    details details please !!!!!!!!

a1peteshooting.jpg
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This was not a paid hunt. I have friends that live in Allendale, Illinois in Lawarance county and I was up there hunting with them. This is in the south east part of Illinois real close to the Wallbash River.

Hornet
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    where is you r taxidermist shop at i hope to need one before yr is out
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Glad your trip here was successful.
    FYI.... there will be no deer in Illinois next year, they are all moving somewhere far far away.[:D][;)]
    Oh where are the pics??

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    congrads Hornet.[;)] You said deer arent that big near the coast where are you from[?]

Mathews1.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That is correct. If we take a deer that weighs 120 pounds dressed we have really done something downhere. Hard to make big deer in all this sand. HA HA
    I will try and get some pictures out soon. My computer is on it'slast leg. It will notdown load pictures from my didgital camera now or take thm off th ecd. I will have to wait until son #2 comes home from college with his lap top and let him down load the pictures on his computer then send them to me. Now you see why I have no money. Son #1 graduated from college last May, he is working thank goodness, son #2 started this past August. A real cash cow these colleges. But well worth the expence when they get out and find great jobs. Son #1 did, maybe they will remember who worked to put them through college and suprize dad with a guided elk, moose or bou hunt. We all have to have dreams. HA HA
    Hornet
  • Options
    edited November -1
    what state do you live in Hornet....

Mathews1.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I live on the Gulf Cost of Mississippi, about 25 miles north of the cost to be presice. I got to see the Hurricaine up close and personal. I work in Pasacagoula, MS right on the cost. My shift shut down our plant the night before the storm hit. So you can emagin how bad it was when we were through at 11 PM Sunday night. The wind was quite brisk on the drive home. It was to late for me to leave by then, the roads were shut down so if you did not get out by around 9 PM you had to ride it out. I do not wish to see anything like that again.
    Hornet
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I live on the coast of RI and we have seen a few hurricaines but nothing maior since 1938. the ciy had 11 feet of water. Hopefully we wont seeone but the weather services are saying it's going to get worse each year....[B)][;)]

Mathews1.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good luck.A little FYI for you on hurricains, when the weather service tells you one is on it's way, leave real early or you will get stuck on the high way when it hits, not a fun thing. Most folks wait until the last minuet to leave, do not get caught up in that.

Hornet
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i sat out katrina also but was not as close as you i will not sit out another one had about a foot of water in my house so much fun
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No water in my house but lots of wind damage to my house roof and shop. I am afraid if I got water in my home everybody would be underwater. But as always us Southerners will rebuild and carry on. I am sure this was not the last hurrican we will see on the coast.

Hornet
  • Options
    gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    I live 15 minutes from there. Small world.quote:Originally posted by hornet
    This was not a paid hunt. I have friends that live in Allendale, Illinois in Lawarance county and I was up there hunting with them. This is in the south east part of Illinois real close to the Wallbash River.

Hornet

Larry

gunanimation.gif
  • Options
    daweimerdaweimer Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey I didn't realize we picked up some more Southerners on here glad to see I'm not alone. I usually just read what these yankies are talking about, but I usually keep my mouth shut because they will make fun of me! (especially suspension!!!)[:D]