In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Going to be hunting in the snow!

Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well, our second week of our muzzleloader season is going to be fun! We got three or four inches of snow yesterday and temps overnight were down to 9!!! I'm still after my buck and plan to hunt most of the weekend! It's going to be cold and the snow will not be going anywhere anytime soon! I love hunting in the snow so as long as my under armor and layers work, I'll be having a great hunt! Now if I can just get Mr. Bighorns to walk by, I'll be in having a BLAST!!!!

waco.gif
Semper Fi!

Comments

• ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bow hunting this weekend in the snow also, can't wait![8D] Good lyck with MR. BIGHORNS!

untitled.jpg
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, i'm headin out later to muzzleload hunt, and to see where they are bedding so I can sneak up on them in the morning.

00deer4.gif
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    Don't care for hunting in the snow that much unless:

1) temp stays over freezing
    2) It snows at temps lower than 20 degrees
    3) it is a heavy snow.

I don't care for early season snowfalls because they tend to come down soft and freeze into a CRUNCHY mess 1000 times worse than dry leaves. Right now it is hard to get within 200 yards of where I want to stillhunt without being heard and when you get there you can't hardly move without being heard anyway.

I'm waiting for a nice 12" snow or blizzard that will cover all the trees. Perfect deer hunting conditions.
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    snow what is that i wish our temp would go below 60 here in bama gla up there in snowman land
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    we got 10 inches here today. Tommarow im heading out with some friends to do some drives

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.