In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Game room

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
I am in the process of combining too smaller rooms in my house into one large room.[:p] I plan on sanding the hardwoods. adding two 36" french door"s leading in. I re-plastered and am going to paint the walls. All nice oak trim shelves ect. This is going to be my room with fireplace, widescreen tv, all my deer heads hunting photos ect .. I'm pretty excited but its a Sh$$ load of work I will post some pix when complete.[^] Do any of you folks have a room like this in your home??? OH by the way dont think my wife is nice for letting me have this. She has every other inch of the house. Including all the closets.[:0]

Mathews1.gif

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Nope, but have always wanted one. Like the french doors and the oak wood work, that will look real good together.
    My wife said all deer heads will look real nice, in the garage.[:(]

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have what I call my "I-love-me" room that's all mine. I have my two bass and a deer on the wall. Camoflague curtains and my reloading bench. It's where I clean my guns and keep most of my hunting stuff in the off season. We just bought our current house two years ago and I haven't been able to fix it up like I would like but some day I hope to! Can't wait to see pics of yours! Just keep the Mathews out of the photos so I don't puke![:D]

waco.gif
    Semper Fi!
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sounds nice wish i had room for another room in my house
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I have to put the mathews in the pix.... How do you think I got the deer to put on the wall[?] Not with a hoy -hoy - hoy ERRRRUUUUPPPPPUKE[:D][:D][;)]

Mathews1.gif
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My whole apartment is like that ;)

But when I do have a house I will, we will have to have one cause she doesn't "like" mystuff like that.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    My whole apartment is like that ;)[8D]COOL[;)]

But when I do have a house I will, we will have to have one cause she doesn't "like" mystuff like that.

Mathews1.gif
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by EhlerDave
    I have a place all to myself. I call it myplace the wife calls it the porch.[:D]

Say nothing, Just smile and make them guess how much you know....

[:D][:D] Mine's the garage[:D]

00deer4.gif
  • DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I plan on buiding a game room soon. I have a nice pool room above the garage, but I only keep my Euro mounts out there because it is not temp. controlled year round. I told my wife I will not put thousands of dollars worth of mounts in the room above the garage. I have a 14'X 26' deck on the back of the house I want to convert into my game room soon. I told the wife I would then take all my stuff out of the living room and she can do with as she pleases. I hope to start on it by fall of next year if everything pans out. Looking forward to seeing yours Buckey.

"They call me Don. Dr. Jason Donald Dalinger."
    edited November -1
    Should be done in a couple of weeks the house is now like a dust bowl the wife aint liking it too much.[xx(]

Mathews1.gif
  • LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My room is known as "Man's World" complete with limited edition artwork, collectible box calls & sculptures, deer & fish mounts, too many turkey tails, big screen TV, camo wardrobe, guns and archery "stuff". Absolutely everything that is me and mine is in that room and it is full. The only thing missing is the camo furniture which I'll order as soon as we get moved into our next home that allows me to expand Man's World square footage.

It is my sanctuary...especially when the "outlaws" come for a visit. Funny thing is everyone who comes to visit wants to hang out in there. Reckon I need a couple of "No Trespassing" signs, too?!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Lmbhngr
    My room is known as "Man's World" complete with limited edition artwork, collectible box calls & sculptures, deer & fish mounts, too many turkey tails, big screen TV, camo wardrobe, guns and archery "stuff". Absolutely everything that is me and mine is in that room and it is full. The only thing missing is the camo furniture which I'll order as soon as we get moved into our next home that allows me to expand Man's World square footage.

It is my sanctuary...especially when the "outlaws" come for a visit. Funny thing is everyone who comes to visit wants to hang out in there. Reckon I need a couple of "No Trespassing" signs, too?![?][?] Can ya take a couple of pictures and post I would love to see it..

Mathews1.gif
  • LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Buckey,

Let me pick up a few things and I'll take a couple of pics. Like I said, "it's full". The room is only 13x22 and I have more stuff in there than I have room. It has a 4x8 closet that is bursting at the seams. And since I'm in the middle of our deer season I've got crap everywhere.
    The cool thing about my room is its the first room off the garage and its next to the utility/laundry room so, my stuff never clutters up "Woman's World". I've got utility sinks in the garage and utility room for convenient clean-up of anything and its a short trip to the truck when hunting time arrives. Yes, it was planned that way when we built the house only now its time for a bigger house...and Man's World.
    edited November -1
    wow my room is 12 x23 almost the same size. its funny how they shrink after you fill them with stuff. and more stuff and more stuff.hey have you ever watched the Man show on TV it's pretty cool????

Mathews1.gif
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a room that is called "MY ROOM" but don't get to use it as much as would like! I have light brown (like camo brown) walls and one with MOSSY OAK panneling on it![8D] My gun case, my bows(not hanging like I would like) Pics of killed animals,[:D] Deer pics covering the walls, T.V., sarround sound, USBDT Official beer buddy cert. (from Bang[:p][8D]), all trimmed in stained trim that I love! The only bad thing is that we are going to put the house on the market and move somewhere that the taxes are cheaper and get into something maybe newer![?]

untitled.jpg
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just get your wife into hunting..That way you both can have heads hanging on the walls. [:D] I did that just got watch out tho she might just a bigger 1 [;)]

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)
    edited November -1
    Game room almost done about another week .. will post some pix when finished I 'm sorry I diddent do before and after. it's comming out pretty cool moved the wide screen TV in last night and had some suds while watching TV.[;)]

Mathews1.gif
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Sounds great Buckey. Can't wait to see the pics, the oak trim and french doors sound nice.

I'm in the same boat as taco, the garage is my area. [:(] I use one of our spare bedrooms to leave some guns lay around in if I'm cleaning them or planning to sell them, but it's not "mine". [:(!]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent