In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Yo buckey!!!! C&P

taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
Rhode Island Legalizes Medical Marijuana By M.L. JOHNSON, Associated Press Writer
39 minutes ago

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Rhode Island on Tuesday became the 11th state to legalize medical marijuana and the first since the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in June that patients who use the drug can still be prosecuted under federal law.

ADVERTISEMENT

The House overrode a veto by Gov. Don Carcieri, 59-13, allowing people with illnesses such as cancer and AIDS to grow up to 12 marijuana plants or buy 2.5 ounces of marijuana to relieve their symptoms. Those who do are required to register with the state and get an identification card.

Federal law prohibits any use of marijuana, but Maine, Vermont, Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Montana, Nevada, Oregon and Washington allow it to be grown and used for medicinal purposes.

The U.S. high court ruled June 6 that people who smoke marijuana because their doctors recommend it can still be prosecuted under federal drug laws, even if their states allow it.

Federal authorities, however, have conceded they are unlikely to prosecute many medicinal marijuana users.

"I'm sure everybody in this room knows at least one person who would have benefited from medical marijuana," Rep. Thomas Slater, who has cancer, told fellow lawmakers before the vote. Slater said he doesn't use marijuana now but it could become part of his treatment in the future.

[:D][:D][:D]
Maybe you can get help now for yer problems such as climbin on the roof and howling at night[:D][:D]

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Buckey originally posted:

OUCH!!! My GLAUCOMA!!! It's KILLING ME!!!
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Yea suddenly I'm not feeling so good. maybe I can get a note from my doctor. No I will not Pass the Joint.[;)]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Teacher says in class one day, "I'm going give you a word I want you to raise your hand if you know how to spell it, if you spell it correctly then I would like you to use it in a sentence." the word is EAR." Little Johnny raises his hand but the teacher knowin how dirty little johnny is she calls on Amy. "Amy can you spell EAR?" Amy says "ear E-E-R, ear" teacher says sorry thats incorrect. Johnny again raises his hand wavin it frantically, the teach scans the room for another hand and not seeing any reluctantly calls on Johnny. "Johnny can you spell ear?" Johnny says, "yep, ear, E-A-R ear." Amazed she says great job! Now use it in a sentence, He says, (putting two fingers together as if smoking a joint) Inhaling and holding his breath and as if to pass it on to someone," Ear"

[:D][:D]
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Good one bang. Little Johnny's a head....[:D]