In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What do you do ?

grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
What do you do while sitting in your stand for hours hunting. I've talked to a couple people who read. I just sit there, what do you do?

Comments

• Options
    EndlssEndlss Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Spend quiet time without the phone ringing
    Get away from the wife and kids
    Watch squirrels
    Check my phone
    Wonder what the wife and kids are doing
    Try to hit squirrels with the D clip on dropline
    Watch birds, hawks, owls ,woodpeckers
    Clear my head out
    Hopefully take a deer
    Wish the freakin' woodpecker would quiet down
    Fill my head up with stuff I shouldn't worry about
    Watch deer walk 60 yards out of range
    Wish my clothes had a "trapdoor"
    Try to whittle wood
    Spit sunflower shells at squirrels
    Stop fingers bleeding from whittling wood
    ...you know regular hunting stuff
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sit quitely and enjoy the peace and quite! I have read but mostly I just sit and think about what ever is on my mind that day. I hunt to get away from all of the other crap. But I do text message my other hunting buddies to see what they are seeing.
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i just sit there and relax and enjoy not being in my office dealing with the general public and having a telephone ring every 30 seconds. i usually have a cell phone on me while i'm hunting, just in case i get hurt, but a phone is the last thing i want to see when i'm hunting. there's usually some kind of animal or bird around to keep my attention occupied.

--- now if i'm hunting kill permit spots in the city, i often evesdrop on other people's conversations, watch tv through their window, or on occassion, watch the neighbors wife go skinny dipping [:0]
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Daydream;
    try to stay awake;
    try to stay warm;
    watch the deer that are out of range and wish I put my stand up over there![;)]
  • Options
    bsallybsally Member Posts: 3,165
    edited November -1
    Enjoy the quiet, daydream, and watch the other wildlife.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I sleep, sometimes read my pocket bible, daydream, see how many noises I can distguish at one time, and try to forget about everything that might be bothering me.

Ben
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I just sit there as long as possible then convience myself no deer will come through until after I wake up. So far none have ever came past while I was asleep. [;)][:D]
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    I sit out and enjoy the peace and quiet. Some of the times I will daydream.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just enjoy being by myself plus sometimes i'll open my little bible and read a few passages. Try to terrorize the wildlife without spookin deer[:D]
  • Options
    CORRENCORREN Member Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dont stand hunt so i can only guess what theese guys really do in there[:0]
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Well I try to relax forget about any thing thats bothering me . I glass a lot with the binoculars., pick my nose[:0] an occational fart for cover scent.[xx(] sometime's I will pray. But mostly I visualize and anticipate the reason I'm there so Bowinkle is uasually at the forfront.[;)][:I] I think its just the solitude most hunters enjoy. it's very personal and diverse for each individual[;)]
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dream about shooting all the armadillos that makes me jump a foot out of my stand plus read sleep then sleep some more
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Pray for those that need it, and for a quick clean harvest should I get a shot. Sleep. If I'm awake, constantly looking around. just enjoy nature for the most part.
  • Options
    bub8889bub8889 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Video games. I got LOTSSSSSSSSSs lol from the 2$ poker and slots games to game boy and psp lol Turn the volume off and play. I honestly believe it help me hear better since my eyes are preoccupied
  • Options
    grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    NICE DEER Paul!!