In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

i need shooting lessons

ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
well after a week in the woods finally see a shooter and what do i do i missed a nice 8pt oh thats why they call it hunting and not killing

Comments

• Options
    Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to my world.I missed three this year.[:(]
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That will make you try even harder!....Keep on him,Good-Luck!
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I can say nothing, I've missed the same deer twice.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Even the best around miss, just makes ya concentrate more plus helps you become a better hunter I think.
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    at least it was a clean miss and not a wounding shot.

no harm no foul and it will push you to practice more. don't let it get to you tho. my friend ryan is about the best bowhunter i know. he's taken over 30 animals with his bow and he never missed. not once. until this year. he missed a 8pt and he let it go to his head and screw with his confidence. since that day, he's missed 3 more deer and he let himself ruin his own season. that being said, keep your chin up and get back in the stand!
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the probleem is i missed with my rifle thought i hit him but looked until 8pm couldn't find any blood then got up and looked another 5 hrs sunday morning to make sure then went to check my scope well it wasn't the scopes fault but at least i know now that i missed would hate to think i just could not find him
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I only used one arrow this year....it worked.

I definitely feel like I didn't hunt enough.

Ben
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    It happens, brush it off & go on, It was fun being there right, least you got something out of it. Good luck for the next time.