In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

2 stands stolen!

ZUKEBABYZUKEBABY Member Posts: 450 ✭✭
Well, just found out that 2 of our stands got stolen! Had to have been the last few days, my brother was just out there last weekend. Geez that chaps my *! What more can we do? Chain'em to the tree, we are an hr away, not there everyday!! OOOH! Just needed to vent! Thanks for listening. By the way, anyone come across a couple of ladder stands for sale by a private party in Montgomery Co., IL, shoot me an e-mail. thanks again.

Comments

• Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ZUKEBABY
    Well, just found out that 2 of our stands got stolen! Had to have been the last few days, my brother was just out there last weekend. Geez that chaps my *! What more can we do? Chain'em to the tree, we are an hr away, not there everyday!! OOOH! Just needed to vent! Thanks for listening. By the way, anyone come across a couple of ladder stands for sale by a private party in Montgomery Co., IL, shoot me an e-mail. thanks again.

that really stinks my friend. i hate thieves. i've never had a stand stolen, but it would really piss me off. g'luck in recovering them.
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hope you can nail the [8][8] to the wall hate a theif
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    It happens a whole heck of alot from personal experience and from what i have read on here and acherytalk
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had 2 stands stolen in the last few years.One of them was a 20 foot enclosed box made of heavy steel square tubing and expanded metal.The stand probably weighed 250-300 pounds.It took 3 guys,a four wheeler,a block and stout rope to get the stand against the tree and then it was double chained and turnbuckled.Where we dragged the stand through the woods looked like a bulldozer had been there.When I found the stand had been stolen(I had been there 2 days earlier)there was not a bush disturbed,no drag marks or tire tracks.I dont know how they got the stand down and out of the woods,but they had to work for it.
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    All of our stands are homemade and built into the tree because our land is just north ofm public land. None of they have ever been stolen, but that wouls suck![:(!][xx(] Sorry dude
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear that, good luck in finding them.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    chalk it up[xx(] you wont find them. but there are some steps you can take to prevent this if ya dont mind being a little nasty. That I will not post , I will tell you privatly if you are interested. after that they will most likly not steal another stand.[;)]
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ahhhh come on Buckey tell us..[:D]