In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

No deer for buckey

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
Well back from vacation only hunted twice got real buzy with some things around the house had a chance but I muffed it. I was ground hunting with the bow got within 30 yards and got picked. nice * on that deer.[:o)]

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Well, I took out the old pistola...no luck there either. Oh well, the weather was nice.

Ben
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    don't feel bad no deer here either my freeze is saying fed me
  • IndyhunterIndyhunter Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I ended up settling for a 5 pointer to fill the freezer. I saw several good bucks this season but no good opportunities to cash in.

Oh well, next year the ones missed might still be around and a bit bigger anyway.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear that Buckey. I saw 8 deer Saturday morning, all together, and all 50+ yards from my stand. [xx(][:D]
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    It's all good I got two this year still a couple of weeks left. the freezer is 1/2 full. the weather was absolutly beautiful. 45 degrees in the am got up to 60 later. some snow was still on the ground a light fog, birds were chirping, a very enjoyable hunt.[^] almost forgit to mention 60 a couple of days ago 9 last night burrrrrrrr.well below 20 below with 40 mile an hour winds. gonna be 50 again tomorrow. crazy weather.[:p]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Couple weeks left? You lucky dog. Glad you enjoyed yourself, get out there again and stick one for me. And if you see a big squirrel give him the finger for me.
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sorry no deer buckey. it sounds like you had fun tho.

the weather here has been crazy too. 71 degrees one day and snow the next, back up to 60 degress, then down to 20. all the changing has given me one heck of a head cold. [xx(]
    edited November -1
    Depends how big his nuts are I happen to have a lot of respect for squirrels with large nuts.[:D][:D][:D]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Depends how big his nuts are I happen to have a lot of respect for squirrels with large nuts.[:D][:D][:D]

My last hunt of the season I had a big ole fat squirrel sittin in a tree right across from me that I would swear looked at me and laughed as I was callin it a day with no deer down. I will be waging war against the little tree rats next season as long as I can find someone to take the meat.
    NOw if it has some big nuts I'll let him be.
    edited November -1
    That sounds fair. they can be amusing they can also be a real pain in the * when bow hunting.
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    Sorry to here that bucky, but I didn't get anything either. Saw a few little buck and some does but let em walk. Now I regret that[:(]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DaBowMan18
    Sorry to here that bucky, but I didn't get anything either. Saw a few little buck and some does but let em walk. Now I regret that[:(]
    no I got two deer a 7 pointer and a large doe I just diddent get one last hunt.... because I suck and let the deer see me [:(]9cf90ee4.jpgPB010045.jpg