In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

weekend from hell ..edit

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Ok I will try to make a long story short. The weekend was the weekend from H E double hockey sticks. Tater was stung by wasps in the canbin twice on two different nights, when the storms came through at 11:30 pm we had a lightning strike that we thought had killed us all I'm talkin it took a bit to figure out what had happened the light was blinding and the sound deafening and the smell of burning electric almost immediately, I moved a stand and left my hook up in the old tree so I had no place to hang my backpack, bow ect... and I couldn't get the stand straight. Sat. morning being close to rut I thought we would see a lot of activity, nothin' 1 spike was all, saw 5 coyotes between all of us tater got one shot dead I got one shot and missed, I did shoot a possum though, and that was pretty much how sat. was, Sun. Tater got out to stand forgot his arrows had to go back, comin back in the woods stuck a stick in his eye and bloodied it, I was saturated with sweat smelled terrible so I knew my hunt was over then. I decided to try to reach my deer dander to try to cover my stink some, I had to hold my bow, kneel down on my knees to reach my bag (which I hung on the climbing sticks) to get it out, sprayed down, thought since I'm here I get my "can" out. get back up sit down hit the can once and I see a deer 60 yards out and closing, I decide I'm going to shoot him but I have the can in my hand an no place to put it. I try to set it on my seat but it starts to slide off cause the stand is at an angle, I get it stopped turn around now the deer is 30 yrds, he comes in closer gets behind a tree I draw he comes out the other side and looks at me stopped behind a sapling, I thought this is it I'm busted, hes head bobbin, so I new he was gone, I'm trying to find a shot when he must have decided I was no threat, he took 2 more steps, I did the mouth bleat he stopped and I let her fly. In the end he was maybe 15 yrds at the very most, double lunged him. pic attached.

Oh yah, and in the very end it turned out to be a great weekend!!!!!![:D]

DSC00050.jpg
Closer pic

DSC00051.jpg

If huntin' is a sport, then your lookin at an athlete- T-shirt

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.

Comments

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    All right Bang. what a nice buck. I,m very happy for you great job man great photo. I re posted the doe pix diddent go through the first time. again gongrats beautiful buck[;)] you put the smack down on that mac daddy.[:p]

Mathews1.gif
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    holy crap, that's a dandy buck. i didn't know midwestern deer were blind, deaf and unable to smell tho [;)]

40 and counting...
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wished my weekend was that bad lol nice going
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had what I would call a GREAT weekend and didn't even see a buck that big. Nice one! Good job! Our gun season opens this coming weekend, maybe I'll have a "BAD" weekend too![:D]

waco.gif
    SGT.jpg

Chevrons were earned, not given! Can you say that? Semper Fi!
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Wished mine had been that good...[:(]

its all about pucks and bucks
    batman_logo_30_2.jpg

tanz_tubbies3.gif
    Lt. Col. Winky Girl
    clip_image001.jpg
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Thanks all, it is a hunt that I will remember for a long time.

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Not too bad for a "meat hunter".[^] Real nice buck, bang!

Ben

President: Loyal Order of Teletubbies
    elefuns5038.gif
    Distinguished Kuwaiti Observer
    un_medal_ikom.jpg
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    - bows down-

I'M NOT WORTHY lol
  • carson0384carson0384 Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice 8-Poiter! Hope I get one just as nice! congrats again!

whatnow.jpg

"Guns don't kill people, husbands who come home early do." -Larry the Cable Guy
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [8D] Nice 1 there Bang

1 shot is all ya get so make it a " SUREKILL " (T/C Encore-/-Contender/ MATHEWS SWITCHBACK Shooter)
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    nice shooting so how much is the taxidermy bill going to be

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
  • LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well done and very much deserved. A perfect example of what can happen when you don't give up on a tough hunt. Congrats Bang.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by headzilla97
    nice shooting so how much is the taxidermy bill going to be

Messenger Boy: The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
    Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.

Way to much, I'm goin with a European mount.

edited November -1
    hey bang did ya ever find out what this deer scored ?? did I miss the post?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    hey bang did ya ever find out what this deer scored ?? did I miss the post?

I came up with 131-4/8 green, but as I told you in an email I've been told there is no way he is that good. But to answer your question, no I never took it in to that fella to have him score it.
    If he is only 120 I'm still happy. He still tastes real good!
    I guess I should get a pic of the mount up tho huh!

So what are you thinkin? 10 months to Illinois?
    edited November -1
    that deer is over 120. dosent really matter I was just curious. do I look like I need friends to hunt with??????[:0]I feel for the guy but I have enough traffic already I,m trying to get away from people.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    that deer is over 120. dosent really matter I was just curious. do I look like I need friends to hunt with??????[:0]I feel for the guy but I have enough traffic already I,m trying to get away from people.

Understandabley but I thought of you when I saw that RI was inclouded in his search. I wish someone close to me would look for someone to come hunt their ground with them, I'd be there. Course that could be because I want to hunt all the corners of Il. and everything in between also.[:D]
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    Nice Buck Bang. I hope I have a bad weekend sometime. I think that buck will look cool as a european mount. once again, good job!![8D][:D]
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Nice buck Bang! Great story too, had me going til the end then I scrolled down. [:D]
    [?]tater, I take it that is Enos?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    Nice buck Bang! Great story too, had me going til the end then I scrolled down. [:D]
    [?]tater, I take it that is Enos?

Nope, everyone(usually only 2-3 others, sometimes 4 during shotgun can be 5-6) I hunt with has a nickname. We call ENOS- Mo. Until something else comes along anyway, he just got his name this season so it is still subject to change. [:D]
    edited November -1
    No that couldn't br Enos. That bow is a mathew i believe. And Enos shoots a Bowtech??Am I right??[?]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DaBowMan18
    No that couldn't br Enos. That bow is a mathew i believe. And Enos shoots a Bowtech??Am I right??[?]

That pic is me ya goof![:D]
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    quote:Originally posted by DaBowMan18

That pic is me ya goof![:D]

[:D]LMAO
    edited November -1
    sorry about that. i dont know what i was thinkin[:D][:D][B)][:o)]