In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How much time?

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
How much time did you get to spend in the stand this season? I know I am a little premature here we still have a few days left and some have a couple weeks still.

BUT IT IS SLOW IN HERE! ARE YOU IN THE WOODS NOW?

[:D]

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    How much time do ya'll take off during hunting season? I am really considering takeing the entire first week off, and I know I can get it off too. I just dont normally take time off so it is odd for me. I even worked the first 2 days of my last vacation here and the others with David on a house remodel. I guess that does not count as a vacation then huh?

Anyway.... so how much time do yall take off?

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    not enough all in all about 20 days but still got 3 wks togo
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Probably 1 full week this year. The least amount since I was 12.[V]

I probably only hunted 3 mornings. I just hate waking up...drunk...

Ben
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i would optimistically venture a guess of about 30 hunts. nah...more like 25. this being my first year out of college i had no vacation days to use, so that left saturdays and i went a lot in the evening before time changed. then there was thanksgiving and christmas.

now last year was a different story. it was my last semester in college, no job, i arranged all my classes to be mid-day and i hunted at least 5-6 times per week. i got really really spoiled.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well I don't really know so I will count it up

Nov. 4 evening, the 5th, 6th and 7th morning.
    nov 23-26 i hunting everyday at least once
    then
    dec. 21st when i shot my deer.

so that is a total of probably 15 times? Probably between 10-18 or so.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hsracer201

now last year was a different story. it was my last semester in college, no job, i arranged all my classes to be mid-day and i hunted at least 5-6 times per week. i got really really spoiled.

Your lucky you get to hunt, I work evenings, got to class durring the day and night now. Plus it would cost a nice 124.50 to get out of state tags here in indiana, then find some where to hunt. I am also sure that people would not be to happy if they saw me cleaning a deer in good old downtown Lafayette. Would be funny as hell though. [:D]
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    everyday after i got done being a substitute teacher
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    Probably about 15 hours. Not that much, but I was pretty busy this year[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You know I asked the question but I don't really know how much time I spent either. I know it was a lot more than last year. I believe in Nov. I spent somewhere between 9-11 days AT WORK, the rest was huntin. cept for Turkey day.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Around 14/15 hours in the 6 days I went,,Got my 8pt on day 6 [:D]
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I'm figuring I got between 80-90 hours in this year, maybe more.
    Still have until the end of this month. [:D] Now that everyone is out of the hospital I'll be in the woods Saturday when the sun shines.
    [:D]
  • Options
    bub8889bub8889 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man I feel bad since Sept. I've racked up almost 60 days in the woods, by the end of the month I'll prolly get it. Is that a problem? lol
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bub8889
    Man I feel bad since Sept. I've racked up almost 60 days in the woods, by the end of the month I'll prolly get it. Is that a problem? lol

I think it is only a problem when you start going through denial(tellin the significant other "I have not been in the woods that much"). Then you go through the 12 step program and start your sentences with "Hi my name is bub8889 and I am a bow hunting addict."
  • Options
    bub8889bub8889 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not just bow, i used slug gun, rifle, inline and flintlock from the stand also.
  • Options
    LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not nearly enough. Work continues to get in the way of my outdoor activities.
  • Options
    s.guns.gun Member Posts: 3,245
    edited November -1
    Forty Hours,maybe a little more.Probably 150 plus years ago when I was more serious about it.