In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Made a Big Mistake

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
This Fella that works with me that also hunts,He was looking for a new bow. He had an older pro-line very fast very noisy. He asked me if I would take a ride to the bow shop after work. I told him yea I'll go with you. Well we arrived at the archery shop and he asked to see the Switchback XT. [:0]Wow he said when he picked it up. Can I shoot it he asked[?] Of coarse you can[^] Well after a few shots he coulden't believe how quite and also "0" hand shock. I took my LX with me to compare it. Well I'll make a long story short I now have a Mathews Switchback XT. I knew I should have never picked up that$%%%$$ing Bow[:p]

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Way to go buckey!!! I have heard a lot of good things about them.
    Did you trade? Hows the draw and wall?
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    No Trade but they are going to put my lx on E-bay for me. the wall is solid the draw is a little tougher than the lx But the release is just unbelieavable. no noise no vibration just sweet. I thought a pretty decent price too $729.00. Also I have now abandon the biscut there is somthing better I will post a pix. I will be picking up the bow friday night. this rest holds the arrow and completly drops away with no contact whatso ever . I was very impressed... The only thing is my quiver id not the same camo but it is the mathews quiver. OH well.
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    congrats on the new bow.

i'm hoping the new rest you are talking about is the QAD Ultra-rest.
    edited November -1
    The rest is from Vital bow gear its called KAZ AWAY REST.
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    good bow buckey Did I really just sau that.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know what you mean bud, there's a big difference in my Switchback and the new XT. I have the Ripcord fall away on mine and love it. That QAD is alot like the ripcord.
    edited November -1
    Yea I was thinking how could they do anything else to improve how a bow shoots and was very sceptical. But in all honesty this bow is as smooth as it gets. no noisehardly at all. I wasant in the market but.got impulsive and oops. sorry hun[:I]
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good job buckey, congrats on the new purchase.
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    I have the Ripcord fall away on mine and love it. That QAD is alot like the ripcord.

the ripcord is a direct copy of the QAD.
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the positive feed back to all.[;)]
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:T O P I C R E V I E W
    buckeyboy Posted - 02/01/2006 : 07:43:09 AM

This Fella that works with me that also hunts,He was looking for a new bow. He had an older pro-line very fast very noisy. He asked me if I would take a ride to the bow shop after work. I told him yea I'll go with you. Well we arrived at the archery shop and he asked to see the Switchback XT. Wow he said when he picked it up. Can I shoot it he asked Of coarse you can Well after a few shots he coulden't believe how quite and also "0" hand shock. I took my LX with me to compare it. Well I'll make a long story short I now have a Mathews Switchback XT. I knew I should have never picked up that$%%%$$ing Bow

You'd be saying the same thing if you ever got the [8][8] to pick up a HOYT![}:)] The Four Hoytmen ride again!!!!!
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only diff in the 05 SB and the XT is the SB is faster but the Xt is a little smoother,quiter by this much __ to me.Both VERY AWESOME BOWS.And $150.00 more for the XT.[B)] Congrats Buckey.[:D]
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Good for you Buckey! [:)]

Does your wife know yet? [B)] [;)]
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    sweet bucky. Post some pics when you get it set up.[:D][:D]LUCKY
    edited November -1
    I shot the regular switch back very nice. But there is a pretty big difference between the SB and the xt take the test shoot both side by side.

Slash that wasant very nice. Especially from a wuss who abandon the archery forum because fishing thread took over paint ball[:X]????
    I'll grow a set if you will. Hoyt Sucks I dont even like way they look[xx(] there were racks of them there and I had no desire to even look at them it was almost like looking at supermodels or some dirty skank walking down the street.[B)][B)][B)] so there wussyboy[:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension

Does your wife know yet? [B)] [;)][:I]No but she will after the money is misssing from the account. Remember fellas " It's easier to ask for forgivness than it is to ask for permission. and even if she dosent forgive I still got the Bow[:I][;)][^]
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, I wont say anything negative[;)]
    Congrats...Getting a new bow is always nice no matter what the brand!
    Hope you enjoy it!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DIRTYRAT
    Well, I wont say anything negative[;)]
    Congrats...Getting a new bow is always nice no matter what the brand!
    Hope you enjoy it! [;)]Thanks man by the way I'm only kidding about Hoyt but dont tell Slash[;)]
  • carson0384carson0384 Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buckey, how much you want for the old bow? I have a friend who wants to start shooting. I'll try and keep ya away from flea-bay! and you got any pics of the new and old?
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats buckey! Hope nyou enjoy it![^]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by carson0384
    Buckey, how much you want for the old bow? I have a friend who wants to start shooting. I'll try and keep ya away from flea-bay! and you got any pics of the new and old?
    [;)]tOO LATE THEY ALREADY PUT IT UP BUT MY BROTHER HAS AN LX AN SQ2 AND i THINK AN OVATION AND A PARKER FOR SALE i WILL GET THE DETAILS AND LET YOYU KNOW.[;)]
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension

Does your wife know yet? [B)] [;)][:I]No but she will after the money is misssing from the account. Remember fellas " It's easier to ask for forgivness than it is to ask for permission. and even if she dosent forgive I still got the Bow[:I][;)][^]

[:D][:D][:D] how very true.
    edited November -1
    sending one of my guys to pick up the new bow will have pix today.[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:p]
  • carson0384carson0384 Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, please Do!!

quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    quote:Originally posted by carson0384
    [;)]tOO LATE THEY ALREADY PUT IT UP BUT MY BROTHER HAS AN LX AN SQ2 AND i THINK AN OVATION AND A PARKER FOR SALE i WILL GET THE DETAILS AND LET YOYU KNOW.[;)]