In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Here's a crock

grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
I got a call from my son-in-law about 5;00 pm yesterday, he shot a deer and I went to help, last day of the season. We started trailing in daylight. Had to get premission from a landowner when the trail lead to his property. He said he saw the deer and went to see what was wrong, kicked it up and it ran away. We trailed it to another landowners property, and had to get permission to keep trailing. Now we've been trailing in the dark for twenty minutes or so, picking up only pinpoints of blood, the big spotlight goes dead, and the maglight is ready to go. I walk a quarter mile back to the truck to get my little streamlite, and return. we were having so much trouble finding blood with the sucky lights that we called his dad to bring us some good lights. We walked the quarter mile back to the truck to meet his dad, and headed back out with good lights. We get back to where we last found blood and can't find anymore. We decide to walk down to the woods since we are in a cut corn field and nothing is laying in the field that we can see, and there is a creek in the woods. We walk the quarter mile to the woods, and there lays a button buck stone dead at the edge of the field. We gut the buck and are getting ready to drag him the half mile back to the truck when the lady that owns the lane next to the field pulls up and wants to know whatis going on. We introduce ourselves and get permission to drive down her lane to pick up the deer. We walk the now half mile to the truck, and drive all the way around to her lane to pick up the deer and get it loaded in the truck. It's now 8:30. Here's the crock, you have to have the deer checked in by 8:00 on the last day of the season!

Comments