In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I might be getting a new toy!!!!

Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
I can't go into specifics but I was talking to a buddy of mine last night about me looking into getting an AR15. He told me that this year he would probably get the chance to buy only one gun of his choice straight from COLT pretty much about cost!!! He said that he would then sell it to me for that price!!!!![:D][:D] He showed me the price list from 2001 and a brand new COLT AR started at (drumroll please) $760!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND IT'S A COLT!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost needed a bib for the drool! Now, I just have to come up with the cash. Might have to sell some "fluids" or something!![:D]

Comments

• Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good deal I hope it works out for you. Send some pics when you get it.
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    good luck hope you are able get it
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I drool with you!! That is one weapon I would like to add to my collection sometime soon. Please send pics if it works out for you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'll be sure to post pics if and when it happens. The thing is, my buddy wasn't sure WHEN it could happen but he seemed pretty sure that it would be this year sometime. Man, that'll make time seem to crawl by![:D]
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    my boss has one. I had it in my hands last night . It has the compitition trigger retractable butt stock this thing was sweet. I also drool in the bucket.[:p] good luck getting the new toy.[;)]
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    well, at least its not another crappy hoyt
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    awesome news. i would love to have one also, but i'm buying an XT before an AR.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Colt's not a bad one, i've got 2 myself but i'd shoot my Rock River or Armalite over the Colt anyday.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sounds like you need to spread the wealth Taco!![:D]

Okay, now for the serious talk, why do you say that you prefer the RRA over the Colt? The reason I'm asking is that I have been doing some research and if my guess is correct, the Colt at the discounted price won't be that much cheeper than a RRA. RRA's web site is more user friendly for what options you can get with what weapon. Right now I'm leaning towards an CAR A4 flat top from RRA but I've just started looking at Colt's and haven't got one picked out yet. Any details you can give the "whys" would be great. If you don't want to post them in the open, you can email me. THANX![:D]
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I own a XM15 E2S..."Bushy" and love it!...I have never shot any other brands so I don't really know whats good and whats not! I know that the "Colts" seem to run higher in price....Hope you get it! Everyone should own atleast one "Black Rifle"[8D]...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Everyone should own atleast one "Black Rifle"

I agree, now I have to only convince my wife![:(!][:0][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hey, now you will finally have a toy that is louder than your hoyt!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    and the award to the funnies line of the day goes to........

HSRACER!!![:D] That one caught me off guard!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311

[:D][:D][:D] thank you, thank you very much!
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hsracer201
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311

[:D][:D][:D] thank you, thank you very much!
    [:D]
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Armalite would be the BEST buy outa all 3 that was said. They were the 1st to design it [:)]Colt tiggers suck, the RRA I haven't shot one that much. Ever try a DPMS ?? They are good will at lease mine works and shoots great.[:D]