In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hoyt for Hoyt

headboyheadboy Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
Hi, new to this forum and need honest help.
Just started bow hunting last fall. Killed a deer and am hooked!
Shoot everyday!
Shoot a like new hoyt Ultra Sport and like it.
It will cost me my bow and about 500.00 to trade for a Hoyt Trykon that would be set and ready to shoot.
Question, Is there 500.00 worth of difference here? If there is, no problem. However don't want to fall victum to marketing.
Have traded guns for over 30 years but this is all new to me.
Thoughts/opinions???
THANKS

Comments

• headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    first off ya stole my name, second ya stole my bow, third me thinks your getting ripped off in this deal
  • headboyheadboy Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by headzilla97
    first off ya stole my name, second ya stole my bow, third me thinks your getting ripped off in this deal

Sorry headzilla97. I have been Headboy since 1969??
    You got a Ultra Sport??
    edited November -1
    its ok you can use my name I guess you have had it longer than I. Yes I have an Ultra sport and like it very much
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the forum headboy!

quote:Originally posted by headzilla97

not really, actually, I think thats a decent deal.

The value of the Ultrasports and Ultramags kind of went down the pie hole on ebay and AT. I don't know why, but the did. So my dealer sells the trykon's for 750 so he is getting about 250 out of the Ultrasport. There were dealers selling Ultrasports for 250 new at the end of the year.

Now to answer your question Headboy. Is the trykon worth it? I don't know thats up to you. The difference in laminated limbs and solid limbs is big. The difference in the draw force curves on the trykon cam and the cam .5 is intense, imo. I would personally like a Ultratec with XT 3000 limbs with spirals. You Ultrasport, will still be able to kill dear for years to come though. If you are shooting 3D you may want something faster.
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    go for one of the new mathews!!!!![:p][:p][:p][:p]
    edited November -1
    ignore the people that mention mathews they are not looking out for your best interest
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by headboy
    Hi, new to this forum and need honest help.
    Just started bow hunting last fall. Killed a deer and am hooked!
    Shoot everyday!
    Shoot a like new hoyt Ultra Sport and like it.
    It will cost me my bow and about 500.00 to trade for a Hoyt Trykon that would be set and ready to shoot.
    Question, Is there 500.00 worth of difference here? If there is, no problem. However don't want to fall victum to marketing.
    Have traded guns for over 30 years but this is all new to me.
    Thoughts/opinions???
    THANKS

i forgot. welcome to the forums. Bucky just got a new MATHEWS[:p].Ask him if he likes it.
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the nut house! You'll find that there are really smart people on here that shoot Hoyts and then there are people that are about as smart as a stump that shoot mathews. We call them "mathletes" and they are "SPECIAL"![:D] You'll find that we have a lot of fun trading jabs between Hoyt and Mathews. Personally, I don't know about the trade you suggested so I really can't say if it's good or bad. I can say that it doesn't matter if someone gave it to you, someone else would probably say you got ripped off. As long as you are happy with the deal, that's all that matters. Feel free to join the madness. We give each other a hard time but we have a pretty good bunch on here! Welcome again!
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the forum!!! Sorry I can't help with that line of products.

I personally would trade for one that will hold its value. Like a Mathews.[:D][;)] Like slash said we have fun here. Stick around post often. Good luck whatever you decide and let us know what you do.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the forum babyhead[:0] I can't help ya with ho ho ho ho hoyt barf. But I just bought a new mathews switchback and can tell ya this go to a bow shop and shoot both ....... then make a decision based on that no -brainer. Sorry Slash I have to tell the truth I hate to point a newbie in the wrong direction.... Look whats happened to you.[:D][:D] Mathews Rules BABYHEAD -BOY[:0][:D][:D]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the forum. Don't pay too much attention to buckeyboy. He won't be around much longer. He went out to get his wife a valentines day present, and brought home a $1000 bow. If he does stay, I would look for him under a new monicker, like buckeygirl or buckeyballess...or maybe buckeybobbitt.

Ben
    edited November -1
    HEY BUCKEY! You might want to check out my thread about what other sites do you visit![:D][:D][:D][}:)][}:)][}:)][:0][:0][:0]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    Welcome to the forum. Don't pay too much attention to buckeyboy. He won't be around much longer. He went out to get his wife a valentines day present, and brought home a $1000 bow. If he does stay, I would look for him under a new monicker, like buckeygirl or buckeyballess...or maybe buckeybobbitt.

Ben
    [:D][:D][:D]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Seriously though, Mats do hold a good resale value adn I think that is something that should be considered when purchasing a new bow. Cause if you are purchasing a new one now you will again. It will only help you in the end. Now having said that I do think you should shoot and buy whatever feels right to you. You are the only one that will be shootin it anyway.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben

Ben
    [:0] BUCKEYBALLESS OUCH THAT SOUNDS PAINFULL. OH SH$$%$ BEN JUST HOPE YOUR NOT RIGHT MABEY I DID PUSH MY LUCK TOO FAR THIS TIME. IJUST TAKE HER TO DINNER LIKE I HAD PLANNED ALL ALONG.[}:)] THANKS FOR THE SCARING ME BACK INTO REALITY.[;)] ACTUALLY SHE WONT HAVE TO DO ANYTHING WITH MY[8][8]'S BECAUSE WHEN I READ YOUR THREAD ILAUGHED MY [8][8]'S OFF.[:D] CAN'T FIND EM NOWHERE.[:D][:D]
  • headboyheadboy Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks to all of you who gave me such great advice. I did what some of you said to do. Go shoot the bows. Sorry Math boys I have a local shop that only sells Hoyt and I can get service and shoot there for almost nothing. And I like the Hoyts. I was never too good in Math anyway. Actually I did drive to another town and check out the Mathews. They are great bows but really wanted to shop local. In this process of Ultra Sport vs. Trykon I come across a kid that had to have a Trykon. He had a Viper Tec and wanted rid of it so he could get $$ for Trykon. I shot it and LOVED it! I bought it for a great price and it's equiped with quality stuff. It's about 7 months old and still like new. I am set for (I hope) a few seasons anyway. Thanks again.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by headboy
    Thanks to all of you who gave me such great advice. I did what some of you said to do. Go shoot the bows. Sorry Math boys I have a local shop that only sells Hoyt and I can get service and shoot there for almost nothing. And I like the Hoyts. I was never too good in Math anyway. Actually I did drive to another town and check out the Mathews. They are great bows but really wanted to shop local. In this process of Ultra Sport vs. Trykon I come across a kid that had to have a Trykon. He had a Viper Tec and wanted rid of it so he could get $$ for Trykon. I shot it and LOVED it! I bought it for a great price and it's equiped with quality stuff. It's about 7 months old and still like new. I am set for (I hope) a few seasons anyway. Thanks again.
    please post some pics!!!![:D]
    edited November -1
    See that Mathelets? We got another one on our side! But that's okay if you guys want to keep your mathews. It's kinda like that cheater, Jimmy Johnson in NASCAR. He's just a pretty boy that is a clone of Jeff Gordon. Heck, they both are probably gay and go "queerin'" on each other in the BACK of the hauler![:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    See that Mathelets? We got another one on our side! But that's okay if you guys want to keep your mathews. It's kinda like that cheater, Jimmy Johnson in NASCAR. He's just a pretty boy that is a clone of Jeff Gordon. Heck, they both are probably gay and go "queerin'" on each other in the BACK of the hauler![:D]
    Yea but you may be losing one. read thred I feel dirty[:0][B)]