In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hunting with a recurve

buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭✭
Anyone else decided this has gotten way too complicated and went back to hunting with a recurve?

Comments

• Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    um.........................no.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    lol [:D]... No way
    I sold both my recurves 2 years ago never looked back.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    No But i give a lot of credit to guy's thst do. I think for a lot of us its a time. A recurve requires lots of pracyice and dedication ....Which there is nothing wrong with .. But between work and family the compound is much more effective ane realistic not to meantion. deadly.[;)] Dont get me wrong I commend any one who can take an animal with a recurve or longbow .. ECT.[:)]
  • Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a lot of interest in this area. On Sunday nites, 16-18 people bring their old recurves and longbows to the range, and make a lot of compound shooters watch in awe! I took 3 of them down there to try and sell, and Im amazed at what I was offered! Now I dont know whether to sell them or hang on to them. I tried shooting mine, and was surprised how well it shoots, but far as Im concerned its history. I got out my old quivers, cedar arrows, and think Ill dump the whole lot. Maybe Ill save one for memories.
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bought one off the BAY and love shooting it. At 20 yards I can keep it in the block but havent started to group real well yet. An Indoor shooting range is going to open up close to here in a couple of months I was told, So I plan on shooting it alot more and if I can get a good grouping going I will take it out this fall and hunt with it...No sights,Shooting off the shelf,wooden arrows...I love it!...But I'm not giving up my compounds anytime soon![8D]
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    ya.........right
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DaBowMan18
    ya.........right

I know a guy, my dads cousin and hunting/fishing buddy, that hunts with a long bow....that he made. I would place a bet on the table that he has more deer of good size on the wall in his house then anyone that visits this room. I don't know how he does, but he does and always seems to be in the right place at the right time.

He also makes and sells other long and recurve bows. Beautiful wood bows.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    After I got a deer with my PSE Coyote,I never used it any more so I sold it or (traded) for a Encore barrel[:D] Kill alot more with this[:)]
  • Options
    grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I still hunt carp with a recurve.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grizzclaw
    I still hunt carp with a recurve.
    [:D] How do you hunt a carp...[?]Just make sure your downwind... I heard they can smell ya 10 miles away... [:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    turkeyhunter36089turkeyhunter36089 Member Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I started with a recurve, why would I want to go back? For me it's still not as easy as seen on tv.
  • Options
    grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do have a little trouble finding trees to put my stand in.