In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bought It!!!

DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
Got done with my buisness early today and stopped in the bow-shop. Looked at the XT REAL hard...Shot it...Haggled...Got it for $679.00 and a 1/2 dozen Gold-tip 5575's, A hat and a tee-shirt and some stickers...I bought a Trophy taker Micro Shakey rest and stripped my old bow and put everything on the new one{sight,quiver,stab,sling}got rid of the peep tube and put in a peep without a tube. They took my Reflex to sell on consignment...I'm gonna miss her...I feel dirty![V]...But this thing is sweet!!![8D]

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    GOOOD BYE REFLEX HELLO MATHEWS WAHOOOOOOO CONGRADS >>>> IS IT A SWEET SHOOTER OR WHAT[:p][:p][8D][^] one more mathelete aboard.[:D][:D] up yours slash[}:)][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think your going to miss the hoyt once you shoot the XT more,,it's more like WOW why did I wait SSSSSSOOOOOOOOO LONG..[:D]
    Congrats on the NEW MATHEWS!!
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [}:)][V][:(!][:0][B)][:(]
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:(][:(][:(][:(][B)][:0]

[:D]

Congrats on the bow, too bad it's a mathews!!![8]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    [:(][:(][:(][:(][B)][:0]

[:D]

Congrats on the bow, too bad it's a mathews!!![8]
    [}:)]Slash go shoot one just for shi#$#$# and giggles. tell us truthfully what ya think..... nevermind you would rather die than shoot a mathews,,,[:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Who said I never shot one[?]

For the official GB record, I have shot one and I liked HOYT better. Let me say that again... I LIKED HOYT BETTER!!!! one more time I LIKED HOYT BETTER!!![:D][:D][:D] WHY[?] Because HOYT IS better!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Who said I never shot one[?]

For the official GB record, I have shot one and I liked HOYT better. Let me say that again... I LIKED HOYT BETTER!!!! one more time I LIKED HOYT BETTER!!![:D][:D][:D] WHY[?] Because HOYT IS better!
    [xx(] Yea they are better. you can kill a deer with a hoyt just with the noise will scare the poor animal to death...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You mean the one I got last year wasn't an albino but turned white because it was scared to death??? That could explain why I didn't find an arrow wound![:D] NOT!
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Way to go!!! Welcome to "The Good Life" as we know it!

Only a matter of days til ben will join the force.
  • Options
    HappygirltamiHappygirltami Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well DIRTYRAT I may be the next one to enter the dark side. How does the XT shoot at 40 yards.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Happygirltami
    Well DIRTYRAT I may be the next one to enter the dark side. How does the XT shoot at 40 yards.

I'll tell you for him.....JUST THE SAME AT 20 yards VERY GOOD[:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Holy crap Slash is gonna commit suicide[:0][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    new hoytsman spot is now open
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by headzilla97

More to openings to come in the future[:D]
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    congrats on the new bow......[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413
    quote:Originally posted by headzilla97

More to openings to come in the future[:D]

Yep I got 2 guys SWITCH OVER today.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [:(][:(!][xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Slash did you try the XT or the original switchback. serious question, I was wondering, to you, someone who chose another brand seriously what differences did you feel, hear ect....

I think you posted it sometime ago but I don't recall and don't want to go search for it. I saw the Diamond line this past Sat. looks just like the Bowtech, obviously I know, I didn't look at the price though or don't remember....that was about the time I started drinkin. Enos, my brother inlaw and my wife are bad influences.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think it was a switchback. Two or three guys from my hunting lease shoot them. (Okay, since we're being honest here, I'll refrain from making any "mathews-bashing" jokes {but they still suck} starting now[:D]) It felt pretty good to shoot. My big thing for going with the Hoyt was two reasons. 1. I could REALLY tell when I shot the Hoyt that there was MUCH less hand shock in my bow hand. There was almost no vibration with that riser design. 2. I'm not one to jump on a bandwagon and I like to be a little different than the rest. Since no one from my group was shooting a Hoyt, and really to me the two were about equal, I went with the Hoyt. But the mathews still suck! Oh, sorry, forgot to mention that the mathews-bashing mode was back on![:D] Just for funnies, how many of you "mathletes" have shoot a Hoyt recently?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I can tell you tis the mathews Switchback XT has no handshock whatsoever. none nada nill nit nunan. All hoyts I have shot dont knoew the particular model shot pretty well but all seemed to have a bit of a twack noise when relesed.... None had no hand shock... the lx has a litte hand shock the sq2 had very little the switch back xt has none.
    Hoys a good bow..... If your name is slash did ya get a free bowl of soup with that bow????[:D][:D][:D] Just razzing man If you like it and it works for ya power to the slasher as long as ya keep knocken em down,,,,,,[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You bet I got a bowl of soup. It was venison and it was shot with my HOYT![:D] We'd better stop this playing nice thing. Otherwise people will starting thinking we get along an actually LIKE to go out drinking with each other![:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You bet I got a bowl of soup. It was venison and it was shot with my HOYT![:D] We'd better stop this playing nice thing. Otherwise people will starting thinking we get along an actually LIKE to go out drinking with each other![:D]

Your gonna come over and see us next Nov. when buckey come to hunt ain't ya? I might take pics of you 2 playin nice, drinkin and maybe even a gay man hug or somethin' and post them for all to see. mwaahaahaaa![}:)][:D]

SORRY to hijack your thread Dirty boy.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

Your gonna come over and see us next Nov. when buckey come to hunt ain't ya? I might take pics of you 2 playin nice, drinkin and maybe even a gay man hug or somethin' and post them for all to see. mwaahaahaaa![}:)][:D] I'm comming... If Slash comes we can have a matnhews vs Hoyt challang hunt like the dury bros then The whole world can watch this yankee spank that fool[:0][B)][:D][:D]

• Options
    edited November -1

Dont mind, Gives me somethin to read!...Oh! I WAS a BOY once![}:)] The dirty rotten little nasty kind that played with matches,killed kitty's,smoked cigarettes,played doctor with the girls,drove dads tractor up to store for beer,skipped 60 days of school my freshman year, etc...etc..etc...[}:)]...but I never outgrew them things!?![:0][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Your gonna come over and see us next Nov. when buckey come to hunt ain't ya?

If any of you are drivin through Ohio on route 90,I'm not too far from a few exits...15/20 miles or so...We could grab a beer{s][:p] and a burger or you could come over to Amish Country and ya might get lucky and get some of that fermented unshaved amish beav[xx(] that hangs out in the taverns of Middlefield...