In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

199 days

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Til Oct. 1st [:D][:D]

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    a lot of fishing between now and them.

Ben
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I don't get much of that in anymore without the skeeter. Still have a john I guess.
    Still not huntin tho.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Fishing is just somthing to do till hunting starts again....[;)]
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wished it was oct 15th thats when our season starts until then watch out little fishies[8D]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I love fishing season. I love to hunt, but I'm a fisherman through and through.

Seldom do I have a day that I hunt that I don't at least try out the fishes.

Ben
    edited November -1
    I need to do this bowfishing thing. My brother inlaw says if you could eat carp he'd never deer hunt again. Its that addictive.

Well I know you can eat carp but not many people do.
  • PSFD DONKEYPSFD DONKEY Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our archery season opens in the middle of Sept, can't wait to see how much the tags went up again this year.[:(!]
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    can't wait till bowhunting with my new bow[:D][:D]but the bad thing is i'm in earn a buck[:(!]
    edited November -1
    Whats bad about that... kill a doe calm you nerves,,, meat for the freezer, and you will be more prepared when the big guy comes plus its good management.... slow down and smell the roses time goes by real fast...[;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Whats bad about that... kill a doe calm you nerves,,, meat for the freezer, and you will be more prepared when the big guy comes plus its good management.... slow down and smell the roses time goes by real fast...[;)]
    it's not good!!! cause when its earn a buck i ALWAYS have a big ole' buck walk right in front of me......[:(!][:(!]
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So practice drawing on him..then when the time comes WHACKEM
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by surekill
    how? its earn a buck you have to shoot a doe before you shoot a buck[V][:(!]?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DaBowMan18

What part of "PRACTICE DRAWING" on him don't you understand.. [?] [?]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DaBowMan18

What part of "PRACTICE DRAWING" on him don't you understand.. [?] [?]
    i've already done that a few times on nice ones while in earn a buck. 3 pointer, 4 pointer, and a 9 pointer [:(]
    edited November -1
    Listen i have shot one doe or buck and have stayed in my stand... or under the cercumstances moved to anoter spot.. and only several minuets or hours later have killed another.... I dont care what the so called expersts say,,,, real hunting I'm not lieing..... Ive shot deer within mimuits of each other. killing a deer does not ruin a stand location.. This is the truth... not TV... thruogh my epierences if you kill a deer f rom a stand and you have two tags DO NOT MOVE>>>> JUst my thoughts... DEER know where other deer are and where there is one. there is more not far behind.... not all the time but 70% its a good bet... Patitence[] Now go to bed ya little SH%$$4
    edited November -1
    Well it still sucks to be you I guess[:D]<
    This is for DAbow

Your right Buckey I have done that myself also [;)][:p]
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've never killed two in one say like that. I just didn't want to take the second shot and have two to deal with. I have had deer come in after a shoot though.

Dabowman: Since you have to earn your buck by shooting a doe (if I understand you right) my first question would be why? Are you on a lease or club that requires this? If that's the case, then that sucks. Take the doe as soon as possible and then go get Mr. Bighorns. I know that in my lease, we don't have to shoot a doe first but if we did, there isn't a guy amoung us that would let a "shooter buck" walk past if we didn't have our doe first. Plus, any deer that you can take with a bow will help with your confidence and experience in the long run. Good luck!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    I've never killed two in one say like that. I just didn't want to take the second shot and have two to deal with. I have had deer come in after a shoot though.

Dabowman: Since you have to earn your buck by shooting a doe (if I understand you right) my first question would be why? Are you on a lease or club that requires this? If that's the case, then that sucks. Take the doe as soon as possible and then go get Mr. Bighorns. I know that in my lease, we don't have to shoot a doe first but if we did, there isn't a guy amoung us that would let a "shooter buck" walk past if we didn't have our doe first. Plus, any deer that you can take with a bow will help with your confidence and experience in the long run. Good luck![:0]WOW Sllash I'm impressed you finally said somthing that I agree with[:D][:D][:D] Just kidding
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Listen i have shot one doe or buck and have stayed in my stand... or under the cercumstances moved to anoter spot.. and only several minuets or hours later have killed another.... I dont care what the so called expersts say,,,, real hunting I'm not lieing..... Ive shot deer within mimuits of each other. killing a deer does not ruin a stand location.. This is the truth... not TV... thruogh my epierences if you kill a deer f rom a stand and you have two tags DO NOT MOVE>>>> JUst my thoughts... DEER know where other deer are and where there is one. there is more not far behind.... not all the time but 70% its a good bet... Patitence[] Now go to bed ya little SH%$$4

I've done it during shotgun, had a buck down, had time to put another shell in and set my gun down just to have to pick it up again and shoot a doe. 2 down within minutes during shotgun. Both were within bow range too.
    edited November -1
    Slash, that Earn A Buck is Wisconsins way to force people to shoot does, to thin the heard. My problem is that just down the road a neighbor gets 15-30 crop damage antlerless tags every year, and has to fill them to get his money. You don't get enough chances at a mature buck to have to shoot a doe first. Last year bow & gun season I saw 14 different bucks and 2 doe.[:(]
    edited November -1
    I see say the blind man. Here in Indiana, we have a little bit of the reverse problem. The state has just recently started limiting the number of bucks that a hunter can take. Does are about unlimited (within reason of course but it's like 8 or 10 does you can legally take) but only one buck total for the year. We had one guy that saw 14 does from one tree in one evening. I myself killed two does and one buck. But I know that we didn't make a dent in the number that we should (or need) to harvest from our lease. Between 9 of us on 950+ acres, we took 2 bucks and 9 does IIRC. We had a couple not take a doe and thats something that we will need to change. So, do they write you a ticket if you take a buck before your doe? How is that tracked? I know that here there are ways around the game laws if someone wanted to. Most check in stations don't put the tag on but just give it to you to put on. I know people that slip it together until they get home and process the deer. Plus, the state would really have no way of knowing if a hunter had killed a buck already but I guess all the tags would be fed into a computer at the end of the season looking for matches like that but I'm not sure. Thanks for the info on how that works.
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i've killed 2 deer in one sitting three times. 2 of my friends have killed 3 deer in one sitting. i definitely agree to be patient. sometimes it pays off.

one of the times that i killed two at once, my buddy was hunting about 100 yards away from me. a herd came in on him so he shot one, and the rest ran to me and i took 2 of them. it was fun, but gutting, dragging, skinning, and quartering 3 deer in one night is a bit of a pain.
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    oh yeah, i forgot to mention that we start bowhunting in August [:D]
    edited November -1
    Slash, when you go and register a doe you are issued a sticker to apply to your buck tag, you must have a sticker to register a buck. You can however shoot a doe and then shoot a buck and register them together, just make sure the doe is stiffer then the buck[:D]
    We use to pick up fresh roadkills and register them for our buck sticker,[}:)] but they got wise to that and started painting the roadkills with bright orange paint.[:(]
    edited November -1
    I think that I would start making friends with the local police so they might not "find" a road kill or two in your area. They can't spray paint what the don't "find"![:D] Good luck!
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    glad we don't have tags to deal with we can take 2 aday 2 does or a doa and a buck only 1 buck aday though state laws club rules is 2 does per season 3 pt or better on the bucks
    edited November -1
    Your making me jealous[:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    WOW! (not joking on this one) If someone in my camp brought in a 3pt, we'd be tared and feathered! I caught a jab or two for shooting a nice 2 1/2 year old 7 pt with my ML in December! The two other guys that got bucks from my camp this year both scored 150+! Mine was probably 110-115 range (gross) I have always been one that says that a pass buck to one guy is a "no-doubter" to another!
    edited November -1
    All depends on where your hunting.. and what the deer population is.....How old the hunter is [;)]
    edited November -1
    And how much it cost to hunt there also..Last day of hunt ANY deer with a rack goes DOWN,I have hunted In. for 17 years there are ALOT OF DEER OUT THERE.
  • anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hsracer201 Posted - 03/16/2006 : 10:00:45 AM
    i've killed 2 deer in one sitting three times. 2 of my friends have killed 3 deer in one sitting. i definitely agree to be patient. sometimes it pays off.

===============

hsracer201, you reminded me of I guy I knew in Quebec who was moose hunting with his Dad and a couple other friends. He gets up in the morning and steps out on the porch of his hunting camp. He sees three moose lying on the ground (sleeping!) in the weeds in front of the camp. He goes back inside to get his rifle and comes back outside as he is loading the 30'06 and shoots all three! I sure wish I could have done that![:D] He'll br bragging about that for the rest of his life! I would![:D]