In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

hog hunt booked

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
Hog hunt all set up. Okeechobee Florida. Got the Plane tix last night will be going 6am March28.th I have never been hog hunting before so this should be fun... ive been practicing dropping my bow and climing the nearest tree. Boy I get winded pretty quick I sure hope the trees are not too far apart. I aint into wrestleing hogs... Hey Slash ya ever wrestle a sow[?] I'll bet ya have[:0][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    carry a big knife rambo.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Be careful buckey. Nobody wants to hear you squeal like a pig...except maybe taco, but besides that nobody wants to hear you squeal like a pig.

Ben
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    enjoy hope you kill a couple
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Me too[:p] I just hope a couple dont kill me ... are they as mean as some folks say or are they exagerating...[:0][?]
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Buckey... trees are not far apart in this neck of the woods. think about carrying that side arm... and I was wondering if the trip was a guided hunt or not....
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    Be careful buckey. Nobody wants to hear you squeal like a pig...except maybe taco, but besides that nobody wants to hear you squeal like a pig.

Ben

[:D][:D][:D] Hear that banjo music warmin up?[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    There is a giude but I thinks it goes like this walk that way till ya see a hog then shoot it[:0][:0] Taco this is for you.....

SEWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yes they can be very mean i had to climb a tree once a side arm is not a bad idea if you just wound one it may turn on you be quick and be prepared
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Be a man, use your bare hands.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I do every night....[:I][:0]

Bang just got my new bow case today . its a vanguard for the parralell limb design the switchback would not fit in my other case,

These cases were $135 they have built in locks all codoura camo hard case and a hollow spot for arrow so they dont interfear with bow . all airline approved. If ya ever have the need for a real nice case and dont want to pay skb prices this is it I will try to post a photo.[;)]
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    I dont have time to right now but in the next day or so I will email you some info on what to look for when hog hunting....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    here is the caseP3140102.jpgP3140103.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thats awesome!!!!!
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    nice case. I got the cheap plano, but it works. I would carry a 44 mag pistola. and its a good thing you are practicing running.....cuz i told you what happened to my cuz.....[xx(][xx(]
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DaBowMan18
    nice case. I got the cheap plano,

Thats because you DON'T have real bow either..[:D]

make sure you take pic,Buckey
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by surekill
    quote:Originally posted by DaBowMan18
    nice case. I got the cheap plano,

Thats because you DON'T have real bow either..[:D]

make sure you take pic,Buckey
    thats it. for my 1000 post giveaway, enter.......just kidding[:D][;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    my bow case......I got $25 in it...and it's all i'll ever need[:D][;)]

2.jpg
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sweet case buckey! Good luck with the hunt sounds like fun! How many days will it be for?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    only 3 days... Itravel wiyh my bow thats the only reanon why I bought a case at home I just throw the bow in the back seat of my blazer....[;)] Just getting away for a few days to florida after athis winter will be nice cook on the grill throw down a few cold ones. and chill ... If I get a hog Icing on the cake[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ENOS29
    [^]
    Thanks BUD I cant wait to meet you guy... and Taco[:0][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    only 3 days... Itravel wiyh my bow thats the only reanon why I bought a case at home I just throw the bow in the back seat of my blazer....[;)] Just getting away for a few days to florida after athis winter will be nice cook on the grill throw down a few cold ones. and chill ... If I get a hog Icing on the cake[8D]

Man, now I'm jealous!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    room for 1 more lets go[;)]

Man, now I'm jealous!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If I only could. Besides the family and money, I have a project at work that starts on the 27th so I have to be here. No vacation for 65 days after that and even a couple 24hr work days in there.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If I only could. Besides the family and money, I have a project at work that starts on the 27th so I have to be here. No vacation for 65 days after that and even a couple 24hr work days in there.
    Thats a drag......[:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thats a drag......[:(]

Yes and no, I enjoy these types of projects, I always learn something new, new product usually developed or canned, pay will be outstanding, and sometimes these project results get published and I get my name in a magazine, so thats kinda cool.

On a side note, I am having withdrawl from my bow, I took it in that have a new string loop put on since mine was about to break, Going to pick it up this evening and hopefully shoot some.

bang (in fetal position on the floor quivering) I need to shoot some arrows
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You take your bow to the shop to put a string loop on....... you lazy little SH4$^$ [:D][:D] Astrig loop I did read that correctly[?]

OH my Gogolen would be so ashamed..... OK shhhhhhh I wont tell everybody that you took your bow to the shop to have a string loop put on.....[B)][:D][:D][:D] I'll bet even Taco ties his own on......
    We all know ben ties one on[:p][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Damn skippy I tie my own loop, I do everything to my bow including cutting and fletching my own arrows. Course it does help the guy at the bow shop lets me do it all[:D] Hell he's even got me working on other guys bows and making arrows for them.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    We all know ben ties one on[:p][:D][:D][:D]

and the tying is about to commence!

Best friends birthday tonight. On his last birthday we got so drunk he ended up winning $50 (with my encouragement) by drinking a beer mug full of _____. (too gross to say with women in the room)

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yep Im tieing a loop on now myself.... YA gotta start doing your own bow work it's not hard and you can save a ton of money......
    [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1

Yep Im tieing a loop on now myself.... YA gotta start doing your own bow work it's not hard and you can save a ton of money......
    [;)]

Nope, if I do it and it breaks and I hit myself in the nose, who am I gonna cus at? What kind of story would I have to make up to tell everyone why I have 2 black eyes[B)][:D]. It only cost me $6 for that and a couple twists in the string AND he gave me some beers and I sat there and shot the shizzle. $6 well spent.
    AND ENOS, I got to show his daughter my tattoo[:0][^]. Don't tell him I was talkin about it on the board tho please
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a man talking from a past experience .....[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nice! Did you ask to see her B[:p][:p]BS? She's cute![:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nice! Did you ask to see her B[:p][:p]BS? She's cute![:p]

No!! Her dad was there!! And I hadn't paid the bill yet.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Next time pay your bill and ask her to carry your bow to the car and then ask!!!![:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Next time pay your bill and ask her to carry your bow to the car and then ask!!!![:D][:D]

And make sure ya invite Enos and me[:D]