In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Looking for a new toy....

gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
and not one with "c" cells this time...

this is one I am looking at in the next few days...
I was looking for a CBR F41 600 but this is a CBR 900 fireblade Euro Spec bike... VERY tempting!!!! My only thing is that this thing is a 900... I am all of 130 lbs and that is alot of power under my *. What do you guys think? Is a 900 too big for a female my size? Specs say just over 400 lbs... but I have never had anything over a 750... some imput please... and no I wont get offended if yall think it is too much for my size... I really have no idea on this one..

5d_1.JPG

06_1.JPG

a8_1.JPG

ed_1.JPG

d5_1.JPG

Comments

• Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hell dear, that's a whole lotta bike for alot of most men. I'd stay with the 600 if I were you. Are you set on a crotch rocket? My other half has a 04 Shadow 750 Aero that she loves.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Taco... have a shadow in the garage already [;)] been itching for another sport bike.... but not getting rid of the cruiser...
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look at it from this angle. They both will go fast right? How much faster do you want to become a greasy spot on the road?[:D] I say that jokingly, but there is some truth there. How much speed difference is there in the two? How much wight difference between them? Does the bigger engine add much more weight< too much for you to lift if you lay it down? I've always wanted one but I know that my "need for speed" would get the better of me. I LOVE to go fast. I had a Shadow 500 in collage in had it over 100. I had a boss that had a Ninja 1100 that he said would do 180+ on the interstate. My personal opinion is that either one would be more than fast enough so it would be more of a decision based on price and weight (as I mentioned) Good luck and happy "buying"!
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Sold all the road bike I ever had. too dangerous... fun yes.. but an accidet waiting to happen, bought the honda rancher 400 w gps 4wheel dr never had so much fun in my life and much safer... its not how much power a bike has it's how you choose to respect that power .. my advise get an atv...[;)][:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Buckey..... David wants 3 new dirt bikes instead of me getting this sport bike.... I can buy 3 new dirts and a used wave runner for what I would have in this bike.... I just dont know yet what I really want to do... Kiddo is begging for us to get an ATV.... She would love your suggestion... I want the CBR tho... just dont know what to do...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Buckey..... David wants 3 new dirt bikes instead of me getting this sport bike.... I can buy 3 new dirts and a used wave runner for what I would have in this bike.... I just dont know yet what I really want to do... Kiddo is begging for us to get an ATV.... She would love your suggestion... I want the CBR tho... just dont know what to do...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    trust me on this one you will enjoy the atv's and dirt bikes more at least I do.... plus they sre safer if ya take a hit on the road bike well usually street pizza. its just not worth it I had too many close calls. My father used to tell me .. he'd yea there fun till ya come to that sudden stop. whatever you decide ride safe... with the dirts youall can go together...
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    nice lookin bike.....but thats a lot of power......
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Chicks on bikes are hot!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    not sure why it posted twice, sorry.
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    go for it gagirl. the 900 is a good bike. i had a cbr 600 F4i before i got my SV1000s, and it was a great bike. i don't really think the 900 will be too powerful for you. it seems like you know how to ride really well, so it won't be a problem. i really didn't know you were into motorcycles. that is cool. here are some pics of my old F4i, and my SV.

100_0300.jpg

100b0993.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    HS... that is what I really want... a F4I cant decide what to do....really a good price for the 900... only 4k with less than 8k miles on it... know what I mean???? But I have always LOVED the f4i's....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    $4,000 for that 900? whoa...you can MUCH better prices than that on much newer F4i's. i sold mine (it was an 01) for $3,300. another thing, since i'm on my SV kick right now, it to find a nice SV 650. they are fairly inexpensive on the second hand market.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Boy for that much $ sure would get alot MATHEWS BOWS,[;)] Just get what ever trips your trigger.....[;)][:)]
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hsracer201
    go for it gagirl. the 900 is a good bike. i had a cbr 600 F4i before i got my SV1000s, and it was a great bike. i don't really think the 900 will be too powerful for you. it seems like you know how to ride really well, so it won't be a problem. i really didn't know you were into motorcycles. that is cool. here are some pics of my old F4i, and my SV.

100_0300.jpg

100b0993.jpg

really nice bike!!![^][:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    YA bet it's hard to haul a deer on tho.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Atv girl........ Well you guy's may be younger than I .. In age that is .. I learned to slow a bit.. I was always one who had to push things to the limit and sometimes still do so me and road bikes just dont mix...... besides I wnt to live to hunt another day,,, don't get me wrong I've done 160 mph on road bike scary fast had a ball but those days are over for me.. and I now realize.... It was kinda dumb.. BUT FUN
    Have ya ever noticed well lets put it this way

rembember when archery was dangerous and sex was fun....[:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

rembember when archery was dangerous and sex was fun....[:0]

lol.yup
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I still think sex is fun!
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

How would you know, ya ain't had none since the twins[:D] Unless you count them things you do at work[}:)][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413

How would you know, ya ain't had none since the twins[:D] Unless you count them things you do at work[}:)][:D]

Oh, maybe its not sex.

What's the definition of a Yankee?

Same as a quickie except he's by himself! [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    streetbikes are dangerous, but there are things you can do to make it safer. believe me, i've run 160 mph down straight stretches too and its fun, but i'd rather hit the twisties and drag knees at 50 mph. to me that's much more fun. plus if you wear good gear, meaning a quality good fitting helmet, good gloves, decent leathers, boots and a back protector, you can eliminate a lot of the possibities of getting hurt. at the end of the day, its still dangerous, but isn't everything fun a little risky? use your head, ride within your limit, drive defensively and live to ride another day. i say buy the streetbike nadine. then when i go down to the Tail of the Dragon, at Deals Gap NC in June, you can go too!
  • Options
    bpa098bpa098 Member Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if you are in need of some power between the legs let me know cause im with the guys on SEX IS FUN!!!![:D][:D][8D][8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpa098
    if you are in need of some power between the legs let me know cause im with the guys on SEX IS FUN!!!![:D][:D][8D][8D]
    UHHHHHHH you may want to reword that b/4 gagirl reads.. especially because she does not know you... just my thoughts.. na never mind leave the post..... I really wanna see her tear you a new * H this should be fun[}:)][}:)][:D] Let the show begin...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    how should it read?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    did i cross the line?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpa098
    did i cross the line? well just a bit because she dosent know you.. Really I think it depends what kina mood she's in.. Anyway welcome to the nut house do you bow hunt...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    well i will start by saying i apologize if i offended you GAGirl, i mean no harm, i have read many post and seems like a fun ball breaking bunch which is how i am too

any ways if it is legal to hunt i do it and if it is ilegal well we don't need to go there lol

the buck below was taken i think 3 years ago with a bow, so yup i bow hunt. i first started with a hamy down from my father which was a Older Oneida Screamin Eagle. i liked it and it shows that it worrked. up til this year i was not into shooting a bow much but the bow season here in ny is alot better than gun. i would rather shoot a gun anyday. but i am liking the challenge of bow hunting. so my father in law of 2 years now went to school for building and fix bows and arrows and could not take me shooting an eagle any more. he is a hoyt man but on his budget for my b-day in Jan. he bought me a Diamond Raptor by Botech. personally you could hand me any bow and i couldn't tell the diff but i am learning. sionce i got my new bow i have been shooting 2-3 times a week and loving it.

thanks for the welcome and i like to break balls never take offense by anything i say its all in good fun.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't get offended at all and I dont think she would have either but one never knows after folks get to know ya they know where your comming from.... no need for appology. Your very perceptive we are [8][8] busters and have a great time on this forum....
    What do you think is a better Bow mathews or Hoyt....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm guessin' Diamond/Bowtech.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm guessin' Diamond/Bowtech. I mean besides that bang ... Its a loaded[?] you know for my pal.....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    well i don't have enough knowledge of the diff brands or the experience using them so i would have to go with what i have being the diamond/bowtech.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I don't get offended at all and I dont think she would have either but one never knows after folks get to know ya they know where your comming from.... no need for appology. Your very perceptive we are [8][8] busters and have a great time on this forum....

*cough*cough*The block*cough*
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben

*cough*cough*The block*cough*[:I] what I was pissed not offended by the way the second free one they sent me was a peice of SH$## also. So there mr lx smarty pants.