In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

hog hunting Update

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
Have any of you guys been hog hunting archery or know where a to go I need to kill one. I want to go late this month or in April sometime... KILL KILL KILL

well trip booked[;)] March 26th 27th 28th...near the town of okeechobee Florida..... SEWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEE. here little piggy[:p]
150 for a meat hog 250 for a trophy. hog no trophy fee get your own food 40 a night lodgging cabbin on a lke with a gas grill screened in porch..... hope its as good as it sounds. do you guys think the muzzy 100's ok for hogs or should a I buy a few double blade cut on impact type. I think the muzzy's will do ok . but I dont want to wound an animal for lack of knowledge. I have never hunted hogs before.

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    My brother inlaw goes to Texas. I have not gone with them yet. Him and some friends got hooked up with some rancher/farmer dude that let them come down and shoot'em. They don't get any food or lodging or anything, they just camp out and cook their own food. It only cost them what they spend to get there/back and eat/drink.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    My brother inlaw goes to Texas. I have not gone with them yet. Him and some friends got hooked up with some rancher/farmer dude that let them come down and shoot'em. They don't get any food or lodging or anything, they just camp out and cook their own food. It only cost them what they spend to get there/back and eat/drink.

I only have three day window so I was looking at georgia. I was hoping gagirl could set somthing up but shes not here on the forum too often anymore. I also have looked at a couple in florida I can fly there in 4 hours for about 100 bucks. I wanna smoke a hog with my new switchback xt. BADDDDDDDD[;)]
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Sorry Buckey things have been insane here... mom left to go back yesterday and wont be back until the 28th so more on my plate again...

Only one outfitter in this county that does hogs that I can think of right now.(Unless you want to become a member of Fins and Feathers at over 30k a year PLUS your stay and hunts) Most people I know never use an outfitter, but with the limited time you have it would be best. If you had a week I could set you up on some good stalking areas. I wish I had time to take off but right now is awful for me to try to get time off. I am going to check out a couple others I have heard about this evening... I will let you know tomorrow. If I am not here.. I think you may have my cell # so you can reach me on it. If not I will email you what I find out.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks girly girl[:)]
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't go through too much trouble Gagirl. Afterall, he does shoot a Mathews so his chance for success are much lower than if he were to use a better Hoyt![:D][:D][:D] Good luck if you get to go (even with a mathews[xx(])
  • Options
    hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi guys, it's been a while. Still real busy with hurricane repair here in South Mississippi. But I am about through. If you are wanting to go on a good hog hunt in Georgia and see more hogs than you can shake a stick at, try FT. Benning GA. You will have to be retired from the armed forces, in the National Guard or know someone in the service. You can go with them and hunt on the base. But it will probably be during the regular archery season before you can hunt there. A few years back I hunt there with my brother and the first day there I killed 2 hogs that weighed about 90 pounds, perfict eating size and then I took one the next day that went close to 200 pounds, and it was very good table fare.

Hornet
  • Options
    ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    here's a link you can try free hunting with alabama hunting http://al-lakes.sam.usace.army.mil/hunt.htmi have hunted issac creek for deer didn't see any hog signs but they are there somewhere
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    my cuz shot one once. i dont know where........he shot at it with a bow and missed. It started to chase him so he dropped his bow and ran. Took out his pistol after running for a little and climbing up a tree and shot it.[:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good because I'm gonna ground stalk so I better start Jogging[:D][:D][:0]
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can get a hog from a farmer here a turn it lose for ya..[:D][;)]Should be about the samething[?]J/K Good Luck Bucky
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can't help ya, I haven't hunted them either. I would think muzzy would be ok.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Buuckey just watch out fer them hoyt token, banjo playing guys down there. [:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I had no Idea Slash was going[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Glad you found a place. Okeechobee is nice, but I have never hunted down there. I shot mine last year with a 50 or 55 lb draw... dont remember what I had it set at the time.. now its 50... with 100 gn bh. I think you will do fine, because I bet you are pulling alot more than I am adn you have a hell of alot more bow hunting time in. Shot placement is the big thing... make sure you can run and climb trees too. The SOBS can run and are mean poops. Remember to hit behind the plate and try to get the arrow to get between the shoulder blades, and that they dont leave good blood trails like deer do. I am glad that someone else here will be able to understand why I like hog hunting so much. Hopefully I will get sime time to go soon. Good luck... wish you were not going to be so far away... I would at least break away for a beer... where are you flying in to?

PS.. do me a favor... carry a sidearm. Even if you think you wont need/use it... take it just in case.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Flying into Orlando and going to rent a vehicle/ I am going to look at some pix to see exactly where to aim for. Ive been hunting for many years,,, but I hate to see any animal suffer because of my neglenance . I will do my homework and hope my skills can provide me with a quick clean kill.... thanks for the support and again Girl I am very sorry for your loss. my thoughts are with you. Your a nice person..[;)]
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shoot yer Muzzys you'll be fine. Oh and enjoy the trip, cuz when you come to visit us you'll never be the same[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Vin,,Where Ya get that Pic at,,thats [8D]

How the FLOCK do ya add pictures away...
  • Options
    zacgzacg Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck Bucky, I hope you dont become a pig turd.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by zacg
    Welcome to the forum and thanks for the support.... let me tell ya if one of those big pigs starts chasing me I dont care how much it cost Im gonna drop that new switchback and head for the nearest tree ir stump, rock, what ever,[:0] I never thought of myself as a turd I'M gonna have to ask slash what that feel like.[B)][:D][:D][:D][:D] Sorry couldent let that one slide.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    quote:Originally posted by zacg
    Welcome to the forum and thanks for the support.... let me tell ya if one of those big pigs starts chasing me I dont care how much it cost Im gonna drop that new switchback and head for the nearest tree ir stump, rock, what ever,[:0] I never thought of myself as a turd I'M gonna have to ask slash what that feel like.[B)][:D][:D][:D][:D] Sorry couldent let that one slide.

(beavis and butthead voice) Uhh, hu hu, you said turd and slide hu hu,uhhh
    yea! I need teepee for my * after the turd slide! yea![:D]
  • Options
    EndlssEndlss Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    leaving next tues 3 days of 78 degrees during the day 40,s at night.... Im siked......
  • Options
    edited November -1
    take lots of pics. None of you in the shower tho please.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How about me and a pig in the shower[:0][:D][:I]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That could be worth money.
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That could be worth money.

maybe. but not my money.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    How about me and a pig in the shower[:0][:D][:I]

Always had my suspisions you were a freak[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    THANKS I'LL TAKE THAT AS A COMPLIMENT....[;)][:I]
  • Options
    bpa098bpa098 Member Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wait a minute, what kind of pig you talking about

the kind you are going to hunt or somthing for a local pub
  • Options