In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

thread hijacking

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Not sure how many of you visit that other archery forum but they have a new rule, NO HIJACKING THREADS, I think its laughable. Not sure we would make it if they did that here. I don't post to much there but enjoy reading, so I should be ok, not that I care much if I get banned, I like this place better anyway.

Anyone else see this?

Comments

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yeah

They also booted George Ryals (griv) a couple of weeks ago for starting his own forum. He was the reason AT started in the first place. [xx(] Talk about being on unhappy grounds with your former employeer.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Well I say we all go over to that forum and yack about a lot of usless sh4334.... Or we do a LOST-ONE on them...........[}:)][}:)]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Well I say we all go over to that forum and yack about a lot of usless sh4334.... Or we do a LOST-ONE on them...........[}:)][}:)]

haha! we could. I could. I don't know if it'd be near as enjoyable, if I didn't know who I was infuriating.

Ben
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dont go over there much at all, Site loads waaaay to slow on my dial-up. I like it here anyhow,You guys post some pretty interesting reading material.[:o)] Hell, I dont even post in the General discussion area anymore...

What a STUPID rule! If the thread changes direction!?! SO FRIGGIN WHAT!!!![:(!]
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i lost respect for that site a while ago. i hardly visit, and when i do, i lurke instead of post. i think that might be a sign of the forum getting WAAY too big.
  • bpa098bpa098 Member Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    where is this other forum you are talking about, could be fun going over and pissing off a few people
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpa098
    where is this other forum you are talking about, could be fun going over and pissing off a few people

well since you asked...

www.archerytalk.com
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup, I quit going over there some time back. Not really anything they did, just was going to too many sites, and I have to at least try and get SOME work done during the day. Speaking of work, if you all aint too busy and want to put in a word or two to the "Big Hunter" in the sky for me, there is a job opening with my sheriff's department that I MAY be hired for. I'm number three on the list and the Sheriff can chose any of the top three for an opening. If I get that job, I may be scarce around here for a while but it would mean at least a $3 an hour raise, plus car, cell phone, and free drinks at the local gas stations![:D] SCORE!!! SO, if all of you mathletes want to get rid of me... (for a while) here's your chance![:D][:D][:D] The sheriff should be making a decision maybe as soon as this week so an extra prayer or two couldn't hurt.

OOPS, hope I didn't just hijack this thread![:D] oh, wait, who cares! This isnt "THAT" site!~~~~[:D]
    edited November -1
    if it will get you outa here slash, i'll fast, pray and say hail mary's until next week. [:0]

kidding bro. g'luck with the job. [:)]
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    hey I like the way this guy thinks....... yea the forum is about archery thats the common thread... but archery and hunting is all about having fun and thats what we do here. My freezer is not empty.. and we had fun[;)]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1

That could be fun!! I would have to use a different name though, I kinda like the girls in mutantville, I don't want to be kick out of there.
  • bpa098bpa098 Member Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ok i have viewed some photos and the thread about the no hijaking, tonight at homw i will register and have some fun, let you know how it goes tomorrow
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    this is the only site i post on.....the others just aint as nice.......
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DaBowMan18

It's because of the--->[:D] you leave....[:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by surekill
    quote:Originally posted by DaBowMan18

It's because of the--->[:D] you leave....[:D][:D]
    o ya......real funny......
    edited November -1
    Wasn't being funny[;)]
    edited November -1
    Wasn't being funny[;)]
    i was being sarcastic....
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    I'm not.
    doesn't look like it....
    edited November -1
    Hey Bang,,You mean like all this above..lol
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    Yup, I quit going over there some time back. Not really anything they did, just was going to too many sites, and I have to at least try and get SOME work done during the day. Speaking of work, if you all aint too busy and want to put in a word or two to the "Big Hunter" in the sky for me, there is a job opening with my sheriff's department that I MAY be hired for. I'm number three on the list and the Sheriff can chose any of the top three for an opening. If I get that job, I may be scarce around here for a while but it would mean at least a $3 an hour raise, plus car, cell phone, and free drinks at the local gas stations![:D] SCORE!!! SO, if all of you mathletes want to get rid of me... (for a while) here's your chance![:D][:D][:D] The sheriff should be making a decision maybe as soon as this week so an extra prayer or two couldn't hurt.

OOPS, hope I didn't just hijack this thread![:D] oh, wait, who cares! This isnt "THAT" site!~~~~[:D]

Hey Slash, I'm in pretty tight with the man upstairs. We were talkin last night and he said, if you buy a Mathews you can have the job!
    edited November -1

Is it possible to hijack your own thread?

supposed to be 45 deg. today.
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Hey Slash, I'm in pretty tight with the man upstairs. We were talkin last night and he said, if you buy a Mathews you can have the job!

I want the job but not THAT bad!!![:D][:D][:D]

thanksforthelaugh![;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

Maybe but keep trying.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

possible......maybe......no.......well maybe.....?