In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bucks locked video

FANNINFANNIN Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Wow!!! Thanks for sharing. That was awesome!!!
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Was the second Deer dead????? I never saw it get up .. yea thanks for sharing great video.
  • Options
    FANNINFANNIN Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Of the two deer, the first was shot with a bow, (pretty graphic) and the second one was freed after they cut on side of his rack off. ya know, a better idea would be to cut the rack off of the dead deer, instead of screwing up the live one. I bet the one that lived will have a messed up rack after this, come next year.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FANNIN
    Of the two deer, the first was shot with a bow, (pretty graphic) and the second one was freed after they cut on side of his rack off. ya know, a better idea would be to cut the rack off of the dead deer, instead of screwing up the live one. I bet the one that lived will have a messed up rack after this, come next year.

I would think he would be fine, he'll shed like normal and grow back like normal. I wouldn't think cutting it would have any affect on next years growth. In fact wouldn't be much different than it being broke off would it?
    On another note how about that blood pumpin out, cool.
  • Options
    bpa098bpa098 Member Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    first of all that was pretty amazing
    second those two guys were complete morons.

option 1
    shot one buck then risk life or major injury freeing the live one
    OR
    Option 2
    JUST SHOOT BOTH OF THEM

I would have shoot both of them, by myself or with my pops,then had the heads mounted locked together like they where, that would have been one hell of a mount with a great story behind it

ok now yell at me for not being a sportsman or something.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    quote:Originally posted by FANNIN

I would think he would be fine, he'll shed like normal and grow back like normal. I wouldn't think cutting it would have any affect on next years growth. In fact wouldn't be much different than it being broke off would it?
    On another note how about that blood pumpin out, cool.

I would agree bang. No problem with cutting the live one off. In fact, it was probably safer for the two guys and the buck it self.

The blood pooring out was way cool, hell of a broadhead. Thats prett close to what mine did this last year, only the arrow was still slightly in there.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The D-(_!_)'S shoulda just shot both buck.