In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

BLAZER VANES

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
Just was wondering if anyone else on the forum uses blazer vanes.. I started shooting them with my new arrows and these things for their size are amazing I love em. broadhead flight is excellent.

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I don't but hear a lot of people talk about them. Maybe I should give them a try.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I don't, but think I will get them on my next set.

Ben
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry feather shooter only.
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    YUP, YUP! I use them for my whisker biscuit and love them. I also shoot Vortex mechanicles and they shoot just like my field points. They were recommended to me at an archery shop when I was asking about tearing so many vains with my WB. Hard to believe those little things work so well![;)]
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gogolen
    Sorry feather shooter only. WHY??[?] THEY MAKE MORE NOISE, NO GOOD WHEN WET. WHAT IS THE ADVANTAGE. ARROW'S ON A WELL TUNED BOW SHOOT JUST AS GOOD WITH VANES...[?] MY BROTHER WONT STOP USING FEATHERS EITHER HE SAID HE JUST LIKES THEM BETTER....IS THERE AREASON YOU PEFER FEATHERS.... OR ARE YOU LOOKING TO KNOW YOU RELEASED AN ARROW BECAUSE THE MATHEWS IS SO QUIET.[;)]
    edited November -1
    Buckey,
    I shoot them because they tend to hold up a hell of a lot better than vanes especially with the groups I am shooting, if you ever get off the biscuit kick you may find you like them better as well. I do not notice any more noise out of my feathers than vanes. If you take proper precautions i.e. coat your feathers they won't get wet to begin with, I have hunted many days in the rain with them and they have performed well for me.
    edited November -1
    Buckey,
    I shoot them because they tend to hold up a hell of a lot better than vanes especially with the groups I am shooting, if you ever get off the biscuit kick you may find you like them better as well. I do not notice any more noise out of my feathers than vanes. If you take proper precautions i.e. coat your feathers they won't get wet to begin with, I have hunted many days in the rain with them and they have performed well for me.
    Ahh I diddent consider them holding up better when shooting tight groups... I hope I diddent offend you. I was just curious why you perfered them. I still hate the block[:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    maybe gogo has somthing here read this.....archeryexchange.com/information/.../fvsv/Feathers vs. Vanes.shtml - 27k -
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Yup and I love them. I had a problem with some I bought .. called the Co and they sent me out more than what I had for free.... the service was wonderful.
    edited November -1
    Buckey,
    You didn't offend me, they are a lot more durable though. Thats cool that you still hate the block. Slash is still a blockhead in my mind [:D]
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have shot them on and off for a year. I have not found anything better. I also have 3" Arizona vanes and 4" Duravanes. All work well.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I switched to blazers this year and I love the way they fly.
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    nope sorry. all my arrows wear is NAP quikspin[:D]
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm with gogo.. Feathers for me also./vanes didn't hold up in my WB rest,[B)]
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't because i need some 4" vanes for 3D. I use duravanes, they group ok, but they are not durable. I replace them all the time. Although they are cheap. For indoor shooting I use feathers.
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:surekill Posted - 04/05/2006 : 10:29:05 PM
    I'm with gogo.. Feathers for me also./vanes didn't hold up in my WB rest

Come on Surekill, what you meant to say was "I'm with Gogo, Slas IS still a blockhead in my mind too!" RIGHT[?] That's okay, Gogo forgot to stop the Q-tip when he felt resistance in his ear one time and has never been the same. Funny thing was that it happened the day before he bought his first mathews![;)] Hmmmm, coincidence? i think not![:D][:o)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Slash0311 Posted - 04/06/2006 : 06:58:50 AM

quote:
    surekill Posted - 04/05/2006 : 10:29:05 PM

Come on Surekill, what you meant to say was "I'm with Gogo, Slas IS still a blockhead in my mind too!" RIGHT That's okay, Gogo forgot to stop the Q-tip when he felt resistance in his ear one time and has never been the same. Funny thing was that it happened the day before he bought his first mathews! Hmmmm, coincidence? i think not!

Slash you're right I did feel resistance thats why I did buy a Mathews, had I not felt any resistance I probably would have been like every other hoyt loving retard lacking gray matter. Try again?
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Slash0311 Posted - 04/06/2006 : 06:58:50 AM

quote:
    surekill Posted - 04/05/2006 : 10:29:05 PM

Come on Surekill, what you meant to say was "I'm with Gogo, Slas IS still a blockhead in my mind too!" RIGHT That's okay, Gogo forgot to stop the Q-tip when he felt resistance in his ear one time and has never been the same. Funny thing was that it happened the day before he bought his first mathews! Hmmmm, coincidence? i think not!

Slash you're right I did feel resistance thats why I did buy a Mathews, had I not felt any resistance I probably would have been like every other hoyt loving retard lacking gray matter. Try again?

I'm STILL WITH GOGO..LMFAO..[:D]
    edited November -1
    What's the matter slash no snappy comeback?
    edited November -1
    What's the matter slash no snappy comeback?
    He's busy snapping carrot[:D][:D]