In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

hog pix....

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
P3290031.jpg[;)] notice only 1 arrow left in quiver[:I]

Comments

• gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Nice hog... sure am glad that you got one!!!!
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nice shooting. How bad did it smell. [xx(]
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    But how did you get the hog to hold the bow[?] and what's that black thing laying there[?][?] [:o)][:D]

just kidding[:o)][:o)] That's what you get for leaving the rest of us here to work while you go hunting![:D][}:)][B)][:0] Congrats on the kill! Missed ya so gotta just your chops a little bit![:o)][:D]
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    They smell awfull I mean terrible.[xx(] took me three shots it was running and they told me shoot. just dont hit the dogs... first shot hit the ham second shot hit the ham they said your not leading him enough .. Im not used to shooting running animals nailed him with the 3rd shot.[:I] it was fun..
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    They smell awfull I mean terrible.[xx(] took me three shots it was running and they told me shoot. just dont hit the dogs... first shot hit the ham second shot hit the ham they said your not leading him enough .. Im not used to shooting running animals nailed him with the 3rd shot.[:I] it was fun..

Are you friggin serious? They let you shoot with Dogs around the hog? Thats F*()ed up!!!! Not cool... that is not the way it should be done.... dont get me wrong I am VERY happy that someone else here has finally gone hog hunting but that is NOT cool that they told you to shoot with a dog still baying or catching.

What were they useing anyway? Catahoulas or pits?
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice hog buckey...[^]
  • ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

Are you friggin serious? They let you shoot with Dogs around the hog? Thats F*()ed up!!!! Not cool... that is not the way it should be done.... dont get me wrong I am VERY happy that someone else here has finally gone hog hunting but that is NOT cool that they told you to shoot with a dog still baying or catching.

What were they useing anyway? Catahoulas or pits?
    tHEY WERE NOT PITS... WELL HERES HOW THEY HUNT. THEY GET YA ATOP THIS BIG BUGGY WITH GIANT TIRES RIDE AROUND TILL THE DOGS START BARKING DEPENDING ON THE SITUATION YOU GET DOWN AND GO TOO THE DOGS OR WAIT FOR THE HOG TO BREAK... THEY LEAVE THE DOGS ON THE HOG TILL THE HUNTER IS IN POSITION. THEN THE SCREAM AT THE DOGS THE DOGS BACK OFF. BUT STILL KINDA CIRCLE AND SOMETIMES TRY TO DART IN . THE DUDE RUNNING THE SHOW TELLS YOU WHEN TO SHOOT SO THE DOGS DONT GET SHOT..
    edited November -1
    Gotcha... the dogs were not still on the hog... thats cool... just never shoot when the dogs are still on the hog!!!! What did the dogs look like?
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    sounds like fun![:D]

I shot about 100 arrows yesterday. The deer are starting to quiver.

We've been talking about going to visit taco at the 3d range he hangs out at.

Taco, you livin'?

Ben
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    Gotcha... the dogs were not still on the hog... thats cool... just never shoot when the dogs are still on the hog!!!! What did the dogs look like?
    THEY WERE THAT SECOND NAME YOU MENTIONED IS WHAT THEY WERE CALLED.. THESE DOGS LIVE TO HUNT I HAD MORE FUN WATCHING THE DOGS THAN SHOOTING THE HOG .. THEY WERE IN SHAPE RAN FOR HOURS..... NO THEY ARE NOT PETS.... THEY ARE PURE HUNTERS NOT SPOILED IN ANY WAY...
    A LITTLE NUTTY IF YA ASK ME THEY GOT [8][8]'S.......
    edited November -1
    Catahoulas... GREAT dogs!!! I have one off the top male and top female in the NALC. They do live to hunt but make awsome pets. When in the field you would never think they are pets but they turn into a different dog when not in the field. Yes you are very RIGHT THEY DO HAVE balls!!!!
    edited November -1
    HERE WAS A YOUNG DOG THEY WERE TRAINING.... HE DID GREAT AS A MATTER OF FACT HE LOCATED THE HOG I SHOT ... AFTER THE HUNT THE GUIDE BROUGHT HIM TO A LITTLE POND TO GET A DRINK. WELL BEING A YOUNG DOG HE DECIDED HE WAS GOING TO GO FOR A SWIM .. HE WOULD SLAP HIS PAWS ON THE WATER THEN TRY TO CATCH THE SPLASH IN HIS MOUTH. VEY FUNNY... FOR THE FIRST 1/2 HOUR. THIS DOG WOULD NOT GET OUT OF THE WATER ... HE WAS LEFT BEHIND WE WENT BACK ABOUT 35 MINUITES LATER... THE LITTLE SH$$$% WAS STILL PLAYING IN THE WATER WE ALL WENT BACK TO CAMP.. HE SHOWES UP ABOUT TOO HOURS LATER....HERE IS A PHOTO OF THE OLYMPIC SWIMMER.. I COULD NOT BELIEVE A DOG COULD SWIM THAT LONG..
    P3290038.jpg
  • hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cool buckey. now you can add that to the list of animals you have taken with a bow. good job!
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Cool buckey!!! Sounds like a ball!!
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    nice pig bucky, and it sounded like a fun trip[:D][^]
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WTG Buckey...Man thats a NICE LOOKING BOW.[^] pig too[:D]
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Great job Buckey!
    edited November -1
    THANKS GUYS, THE PIG'S NOT TOO HAPPY ABOUT IT[:0] GETTING THE MEAT BACK TONITE. THE MEAT KINA HAS A SMELL TO IT BUT WE THREW SOME ON THE GRILL AND IT GOES AWAY AND ACTUALLY TASTED GREAT. I AM GOING AGAIN NEXT YEAR IT WAS LOTS OF FUN FOR AN OFF SEASON HUNT. PLUS VERY COMFORTABLE LONG SLEVE TEE AND PANTS. WE WORE SOME CAMO NOT KNOWING WHAT TO EXPECT. BUT YOU GAN WEAR JEANS AND A TEE. PIGS WERE ON THE GRILL BEERS WERE ICE COLD AND 80 DEGREES DURING THE DAY i WAS A HAPPY CAMPER. SAD IT ALL ENDED SO FAST...GOT A PHOTO OF AN ALLIGATOR i WILL POST.P3290045.jpg
    P3290039.jpg
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I woulda shoot the gator too![}:)][:D] Glad you had a good time![;)]
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    neat lookin gator.....woulda made a nice mount[:p]
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DaBowMan18
    neat lookin gator.....woulda made a nice mount[:p]

Or a very cool bow case.