In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Question for gogolen

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
Hey Gog when I went hog hunting. I had my release wraped around the bottom of my xt. well my buddy drew the bow when he let down the release went in the cam[:(] string and cables came off.[V] I was able to back off on the limbs ans compress the bow with a ratchet strap. while catching my finger in the cam Ouch[:0] that hurt finger nail all black,,[B)][B)] The string now has a couple of minor freys on it in the cam area the bow is shooting great do you forsee any problems should I just keep an eye on it or order one and change it[?] I have mw own press at home..

Comments

• Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Hey Gog when I went hog hunting. I had my release wraped around the bottom of my xt. well my buddy drew the bow when he let down the release went in the cam[:(] string and cables came off.[V] [V].i knew this guy who bought a switchback a little while ago, and after he was done shooting he hunt it on the rack. well his kid's friend has with them and he diecided to go pull the bow back. he pull pulls the bow back and dry fires it[V]the strings and cables went fling and landed about 25 yards away[xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    well mine diddent dry fire so i happy about that,,,, Bowman are the kids still alive[:D]
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    well mine diddent dry fire so i happy about that,,,, Bowman are the kids still alive[:D]
    not sure.......all i know is that that kid was NEVER at his house again, and he had to buy him a completly new switchback[:D]
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buckey,
    No I don't forsee any problems arising from that. If it was a problem i.e. bent axle shaft for instance it would be quite apparent. As for your string just keep an eye on it. It sounds like it is only a cosmetic problem at this point and should have quite a lot of service left in it. Remember the old addage "if it ain't broke don't fix it"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gogolen
    Buckey,
    No I don't forsee any problems arising from that. If it was a problem i.e. bent axle shaft for instance it would be quite apparent. As for your string just keep an eye on it. It sounds like it is only a cosmetic problem at this point and should have quite a lot of service left in it. Remember the old addage "if it ain't broke don't fix it"[:)]Thanks gogo[;)]
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No problem Buckey. I think am going to shoot my bow a little this weekend.