In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

back to broadheads

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
I know this has been discussed many times but just wanted to share this.
I have always used Muzzy fixed blade with the trocar tip. I have taken many deer with them and never ever had a problem.. for my recent hog hunt I ordered those Muzzy phantoms. after hitting the hog theese broadheads fell apart not typical of a Muzzy product. I called Muzzy and told them what happened they are sending me new phantoms I told them I will send them back for the origional Muzzys. any one else have any problems like this.....[?]

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Not yet. Sounds like good customer service though.
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For what ever reason, I have never used Muzzy. I currently use Vortex but and used Thunderheads before them. I figure there are good and bad batches and products from even the best companies.

Now, if you were on your toes, you could have said that your mathews was shooting so hard and fast that it's destroying your broadheads.... But we know that's not that the case.[}:)][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Actually saturday I did a little shooting in the yard.... made a bad shoy put a muzzy through the guttr downspout on my house the the broadhead hit the foundation of the house and only suffered a bad blade.. the older style muzzy's. I think they are just making cut on impact to keep up with the growing market demand and also extra revenu to compete with all the new products. personally I believe the should raise the price on the origional muzzys you can get 6 for 29 bucs most broad heads you only get 3..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How far did the downspout go before it expired? did it leave a good trail tol follow?
    Poor downspout. Hows the foundation? Muzzys are tough will you have to have a mason come in to fix the damage.

I have had way to much caffine this morning! yyyyeeeeeeeaaaaaaaa!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The downspout fell in his tracks complete pass thru. The founation however was not fately wounded and will dirvive... one out of two I'snt bad.[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    nope.i use sst wasps[:D]
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i've had thunderheads lose blades upon impact with a rock, or similar hard object, especially after a pass-thru.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hsracer201
    i've had thunderheads lose blades upon impact with a rock, or similar hard object, especially after a pass-thru.

HOLY CRAP!!!! You can get a pass thru on a rock!!!!!!
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:fately wounded and will dirvive

"fately" and "dirvive"[?] You hitting the sauce a little early today[?][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    hsracer201hsracer201 Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    quote:Originally posted by hsracer201

HOLY CRAP!!!! You can get a pass thru on a rock!!!!!!

yup! its all about the Mathews [8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    quote:fately wounded and will dirvive

"fately" and "dirvive"[?] You hitting the sauce a little early today[?][:D][:D][:D]
    BY the way slash its Source not sauce like ya put on spaghetti. Na Ive been trying to type without looking. it's not working out so good. plus I cant spell well either. Numbers now your talking my language.[;)]
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    I use somthing by rockets and love um they just kill and kill
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    anyone use crimson talons....heard they really make the deer bleed......bad
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DaBowMan18
    anyone use crimson talons....heard they really make the deer bleed......bad

NO but I have heard that the blades bend real easy along with what you heard about the blood.