In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

arrow length

rwroquetrwroquet Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
In the eternal debate if length matters, I would like to take the question in a different direction....arrows. How much of a difference could 3/4 of an inch matter? Would the arrow be under spined?

Thanks all!

Comments

• Options
    rwroquetrwroquet Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am a first time bow hunter and just wondering on how you judge the lenght of the arrow I am supposed to shoot. I bought some and they are to short for me. I anyone could help it would be appreciated thank you.
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    go to a bow shop and have them measue what your bow size

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    I agree with headzilla97. Go to a bow shop, I'd recommend a actual achery shop not something like Gander Mountain, something small that will cater to your exact needs and know what they are talking about. They will check your draw length and probably do any adjustments to your bow that are needed. At least that is how the amish bow shop I go to treats me.
    Good luck.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    grizzclawgrizzclaw Member Posts: 1,159 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Amish bow shop? If you live in Ohio, you must be close to me.

Thanks, Grizztribefans@sssnet.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Erb's in Charm, Ohio. Erb's been pretty bad of lately though, he may have passed on, the shops been closed the last three times I stopped.
    Close?

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My daughter took me to a place in Kidron, I live just west of Massillon.

• Options
    edited November -1
    I work in Canton and live just south of Canton.

Haven't been to any shops in Kidron that I remember. Or was it a gun shop also? I think I remember a gun shop in Kidron.

• Options
    edited November -1
    It's a gun shop too, I'll try to get a name and some directions for you, it's a fairly big place.

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grizzclaw
    It's a gun shop too, I'll try to get a name and some directions for you, it's a fairly big place.

I think I know the one your talking about now, right along the main street just up from the hardware store.
    No need for directions, but thanks anyway.

• Options
    SunraySunray Member Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The bow shop is best, but hold a yard stick along your arm from your arm pit, hand flat, measure to the end of your middle finger, add the thickness of your bow front to back. That'll be a very rough indication of the proper length for you. But go to the bow shop and have them measure you with their test bow.
  • Options
    silverwolf636silverwolf636 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello, Just joined here and caught the conversation. In the June/July 2005 issue of Bowhunt America they suggest the following for your draw length -it works for me-: "With you back to a bare wall, extend your arms outward and have someone mark the furthest extent of your fingertips. Measure that distance; let's say 72inches, subtract 15 from that then divide by 2. This leaves you with a 28.5 inch draw length. Finger shooters will need to add an inch or two... I'm from Tuscarawas County Ohio. I've been wanting to go out to Erbs cause I heard he sold Bowtechs
    Ray
  • Options
    silverwolf636silverwolf636 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone know of any bow clubs one could join in Tusc, Stark, of Holmes counties?
    thx
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    this is an old thread
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    this is an old thread

You think.lol[:D]
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by headzilla97
    go to a bow shop and have them measue what your bow size

+1
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the old days we would place a dowell on the center of the chest, extend two hands finger tips together. The correct lenght shaft would go right to end of the fingertips.