.

Zeiss bino's

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
does anyone have any expierence with Zeiss binoculars... are the good real good average. they are 8X 30 bt... [?]

Comments

  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Sorry man, I know nothing....really you can ask anyone.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Sorry man, I know nothing....really you can ask anyone.


    Thanks anyway SHULTZ,,[;)]
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Okay, let's see, I don't have enough money to buy OS tags for deer hunting in IL. So you think I have enough money to bu Zeiss[?][:D] Nope, don't have a clue about em!!![:D][:p][:0]
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    YUP, Have a set. They are nice, but I got mine from Germany. I would not think about paying what they charge here. They are nice but not 1500-2000 nice....
  • FANNINFANNIN Member Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nikkon Monarch 8X for me...work great.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    well heres the story the ford dealership wanted 1000 to repair my bros truck[B)] I did it for the cost of parts 150.00 plus lots of labor.
    so he found a brand new in the box 8 x30 zeiss for I think 300.00 and bought them for me[^] I have nikon now and brunton lite tech I like the nikon's better, I never looked through zeiss ... so as soon as I get em I'll see how they are,,[;)]
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    you got lucky buckey.....i got nikon also
  • danski26danski26 Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a pair of Ziess at work and a pair of Nikon's that I own at home. I can't tell any difference in the quality of the glass.
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have Burris and love them. They have changed the design a lot in the last 2 years, for the better I think. You can't beat Burris' warranty! Forever! Period!

    I know my father-in-law just bought a set of olympus binocs that are impressive, and reasonable priced too. Under $300 and just as clear as my Burris, or anything else we tried.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    My Brother finally got around togiving me the Zeiss last night...

    one word Crisp and clear... love em... I have brunton lite techs And nikons. I Looked through all three one at a time of coarse.

    honest to God the zeiss put them to shame with clarity....

    I smell a Brunton lite tech give away[:0] who interested[?] lets get the names in the hat...[8D] Or lets all give em to who needs them the most Ill let you folks decide..[;)]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:one word Crisp and clear...

    Thats 2 words ya goof![:D] actually 3 if ya want to be picky.[;)]


    If'n you do a giveaway you can throw my name in please. Thanks

    Never mind you have givin me enough stuff let someone else have'm.
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Have a pair of Zeiss myself so I will pass.... nice offer though
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    quote:one word Crisp and clear...

    Thats 2 words ya goof![:D] actually 3 if ya want to be picky.[;)]


    If'n you do a giveaway you can throw my name in please. Thanks

    Never mind you have givin me enough stuff let someone else have'm.

    If'n is not a word either goof-bag[:D]maybe ill give em to Da bow man.....seems like a fine young lad..[:D][;)]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    If'n is not a word either goof-bag[:D]maybe ill give em to Da bow man.....seems like a fine young lad..[:D][;)]


    only if he promises to quit poaching song birds.[;)]

    Ben
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    If'n is not a word either goof-bag[:D]maybe ill give em to Da bow man.....seems like a fine young lad..[:D][;)]


    only if he promises to quit poaching song birds.[;)] he shot a song bird??? I love birds that changes everthing [:(!][:(!] your dead Dabowman[:(!]

    Ben
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    he shot a song bird??? I love birds that changes everthing [:(!][:(!] your dead Dabowman[:(!]


    yep. sure did. kildeer, I believe.

    He deserves a mission/opportunity to redeem himself.

    Ben
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    kildeer are annoying. I hate them, they aren't really a song bird are they? I thought song birds made nice little songs. them things just scream.[xx(]
  • sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,599
    edited November -1
    Remember there are Zeiss and Zeiss conquest. Zeiss are the really high dollar high quality. Zeiss Conquests are built for Zeiss by Meopta. Very good quality, but maybe not as high as Zeiss. Something to consider is to compare apples to apples in this game. Compare equal powers. I noted at the highest power a Swarovski and a Zeiss shine. At the highest power cheaper optics look like fuzz and better American brand(I say brand because Japan does a lot of the glass for American companies)are a little fuzzy. The catch to that is that the high dollar Eropean scopes only go to say 14x and the American brands go to 2x-24X. Above that and you are specifically in a target scope. Same with bino's real Zeiss are a good quality. But, are they worth twice the price for equal quality at equal power? You have to go at least midrange to get their kind of quality at equal powers. Personally, I own two Nikon's One made in Japan that think are about as good as anything I've looked through and the other is the newer 10-22x made in the Philipines. It ain't worth the powder to blow it up...except it would be fun. I recently purchased a redfield scope from the new startup company(completely made in Japan) and I am looking forward to seeing if I can get a pair of bino's from them also, becuase I think the scope was so good. Good luck with your choice. You won't go wrong with Zeiss or Zeiss conquest either I think.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sandwarrior
    Remember there are Zeiss and Zeiss conquest. Zeiss are the really high dollar high quality. Zeiss Conquests are built for Zeiss by Meopta. Very good quality, but maybe not as high as Zeiss. Something to consider is to compare apples to apples in this game. Compare equal powers. I noted at the highest power a Swarovski and a Zeiss shine. At the highest power cheaper optics look like fuzz and better American brand(I say brand because Japan does a lot of the glass for American companies)are a little fuzzy. The catch to that is that the high dollar Eropean scopes only go to say 14x and the American brands go to 2x-24X. Above that and you are specifically in a target scope. Same with bino's real Zeiss are a good quality. But, are they worth twice the price for equal quality at equal power? You have to go at least midrange to get their kind of quality at equal powers. Personally, I own two Nikon's One made in Japan that think are about as good as anything I've looked through and the other is the newer 10-22x made in the Philipines. It ain't worth the powder to blow it up...except it would be fun. I recently purchased a redfield scope from the new startup company(completely made in Japan) and I am looking forward to seeing if I can get a pair of bino's from them also, becuase I think the scope was so good. Good luck with your choice. You won't go wrong with Zeiss or Zeiss conquest either I think.
    Hey thanks for the info. the Nikons look good but not as good as the Zeiss. they just dont have that extream clarity to them.

    I do have the Zeiss conquest. heck I'm no expert but man were they clear. I compared all three side by side and they were without a doubt better. I diddent know some nikons were made in Japan and some in the Phillipines. I did a lot of ratings reading and in many cases the Nikon were pefered over Swarvoski... hope to see ya around the forum thanks again for your input.[;)]
Sign In or Register to comment.