In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What release are yall using?

KrisWKrisW Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
I have a Fletchhunter Shorty, seems to work pretty good. I think i am going to have to adjust the tension on it a little. What release do yall favor?

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KrisW
    I have a Fletchhunter Shorty, seems to work pretty good. I think i am going to have to adjust the tension on it a little. What release do yall favor?
    The release I have in my hand when big boy walks by. No just kidding . I have a cobra release thet ive had for many years its very worn but just feels right and has never failed me[;)]
  • Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cobra for me too. Cheap and works good for me! I don't see spending a ton of money on the other ones. I say go with what works for you.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    True fire. its the only one I have had so far.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Carter One-shot. Better trigger than any gun I've ever shot.

Ben
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    cant remember the name.....freeflight or somethin....has an eagle on it....was $50
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cobra Pro Cal.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Carter quickie to hunt with and a Carter insatiable 2 as my indoor release.
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think last count was 4 in my box of tricks. One old Scott that I got free. Then I bought a Truball Huricane. I still use it once in a while. Next I got a Truball Loopmaster. I used it for just about everything until I was given a Truball Trail Boss. This is a great target release, but far too loud for hunting.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Cobra elcheapo for me. It works and that's bought all I need.
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    Cobra elcheapo for me. It works and that's bought all I need.

LOL[:D]
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TRU ball chappy boss and 3D thumb pull
    edited November -1
    Shoff your good taste keeps shining through. Hoyt, TRU ball, what's next?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    Shoff your good taste keeps shining through. Hoyt, TRU ball, what's next?

I just like good stuff what can I say. [:D]

I use the 3D thumb pull for hunting with a caliper head, works great. I have been using the Chappy boss with a talon head for everything else. I have a talon head for my thumb release also, but the chappy has more settings to get it more comfortable. I made a knurled handle for my thumb pull, since it didn't have one and since the chappy and thumb pull use the same 4 finger main piece, its like i am shooting the same thing.
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shoff your good taste keeps shining through. Hoyt, TRU ball, what's next? IT SHOULD BE A MATHEWS.[:D]
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fletch-Hunter and a Scott Mongoose....Mostly the Scott now...
    edited November -1
    Shoff
    I changed my thumb trigger on my TrailBoss to what would be the "inside " position (toward my index finger not away from my hand). It is now easier to have a more controlled squeeze on the trigger. It has really improved my indoor shooting. I have not had a lot of time to shoot 3D's this year.
    edited November -1
    Shoff
    I changed my thumb trigger on my TrailBoss to what would be the "inside " position (toward my index finger not away from my hand). It is now easier to have a more controlled squeeze on the trigger. It has really improved my indoor shooting. I have not had a lot of time to shoot 3D's this year.

both of mine are on the inside, my hands aren't big enough to have it on the outside and feel comfortable.
  • ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot a fletch hunter with the deluxe wrist strap.