In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

stupid question

dotcom_guy30dotcom_guy30 Member Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
i received a grizzly reflex bow for christmas , but i do not know the mecanics of bow , and was wondering could someone tell me how to speed up the arrow ?????

Comments

• Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1st need to know: your draw lenght,,poundage,,arrows
  • Options
    dotcom_guy30dotcom_guy30 Member Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well a freind helped me set it up , as far as being sighted in , and getting the bow at a comfortable lengh , as far as a draw lengh , he also cut the aroows for me , the arrows are red head carbon fury 250 , but i really dont know how many pounds of pulluge it is set on ....
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best advice I could give would be to take it to a local pro shop and have them help you. There are ways to speed up your arrows but there are also mechanical limits to how fast a bow can go. We could try and help you on here but I think it might be in your best interest to try and find a shop in your area that can show you with your bow. Todays bows are very complicated and it doesn't take much to get one out of wack if you don't understand something that we try to explain. Hope this helps and feel free to ask any other questions. We'll try and help.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    It will indicate on the inside of the bottom bow limb reflex grizzly is between 60 and 70 draw weigt. there are two recesed allen head screws on the outside of each limb where the limb attatches to the riser . If these are tightend all the way down you are shooting right around 70 lbs 2 full turns of evenly loosing screws should put you around 60. carbon fury 250 sounds a little light at 7olbs ... Also read page 14 of the grizzly owners manual it explains all this.. hope this was a help.. Oh yea to see exactly what weight you are shooting just go to any archery shop and pull it on the scale the peak weight the scale reads right when the cams break over is what your shootong for poundage.[;)]
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:dotcom_guy30 Posted - 05/07/2006 : 11:40:55 PM
    i received a grizzly reflex bow for christmas , but i do not know the mecanics of bow , and was wondering could someone tell me how to speed up the arrow ?????

Sell the reflex and buy a Mathews[:D]
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gogolen
    quote:dotcom_guy30 Posted - 05/07/2006 : 11:40:55 PM

Sell the reflex and buy a Mathews[:D]

I would have to agree on this.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Come on guys![:(!] Here is a guy asking for our help with his new bow and the best you can do is bash it? SHAME ON YOU GUYS![:(!] You know I like to mathews bash probably more than the rest but let's help the guy out.

Dotcom: There is nothing wrong with a Reflex bow. Some on here tend to think that mathews are the best out there. That is beside the point. Use your Reflex for a couple of seasons and then you might want to check out some of the other brands that are available. Don't let these guys or anyone else make you think that your bow is "not good enough" or "can't get the job done" because it is a fine bow. The best bow out there is the one that you can hit with. Buckey's advice is right on if you want to try and adjust it yourself. Just make sure that you adjust them equally.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Pay no attention to slash, he didn't get his coffee and doughnuts yet this morning.[:D]

Sorry man, had to.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Pay no attention to slash, he didn't get his coffee and doughnuts yet this morning.[:D]

Sorry man, had to.[;)][:0] Don't lie your really not sorry.[:D][:D]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I didn't read it as bashing, and i haven't picked on slash in a while. I was gonna have him tell aunt B and barney I said hi but I don't want to make him mad. [:D]

Just razzin slash.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    I didn't read it as bashing, and i haven't picked on slash in a while. I was gonna have him tell aunt B and barney I said hi but I don't want to make him mad. [:D]

Just razzin slash.
    [;)] Dont forget GOOBER and Andy[:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Goober??? I thought that was Racer?[:D]

It's been a while since we had things really stirred up!

Mathews SUCK![}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    Goober??? I thought that was Racer?[:D]

It's been a while since we had things really stirred up!

Mathews SUCK![}:)] Your so creative. did you fart in another balloon and draw a face on it to think of that one[B)]
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    go to a bow shop and have them shoot it though their speed radar thing....if they have one
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:DaBowMan18 Posted - 05/10/2006 : 10:47:38 PM
    go to a bow shop and have them shoot it though their speed radar thing....if they have one

Ya mean one of them thar new fangled chronograph thingys?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Slash0311 Posted - 05/10/2006 : 07:01:33 AM
    Come on guys! Here is a guy asking for our help with his new bow and the best you can do is bash it? SHAME ON YOU GUYS! You know I like to mathews bash probably more than the rest but let's help the guy out.

Dotcom: There is nothing wrong with a Reflex bow. Some on here tend to think that mathews are the best out there. That is beside the point. Use your Reflex for a couple of seasons and then you might want to check out some of the other brands that are available. Don't let these guys or anyone else make you think that your bow is "not good enough" or "can't get the job done" because it is a fine bow. The best bow out there is the one that you can hit with. Buckey's advice is right on if you want to try and adjust it yourself. Just make sure that you adjust them equally.

While I am sure a "reflex" is a capable bow, I would have to say about 50% of good shooting is having confidence in your equipment. That being said I have no confidence in a reflex and thus would not shoot it nearly as well as my Mathews, but hey different strokes for different folks.

If you would like to see a speed increase go to a pro shop and see if they can't set you up with a shorter stiffer lighter arrow, that will give you a major speed increase. Either that or grow longer arms and get a longer draw length up to you.