In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I lost another one

shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
Well, my great grandpa passed away yesterday, he has had it rough the last couple months. Broke his hip, and then his son died, my grandpa. He was 97, would have turned 98 in June. He had that old man humor and wisdom. He raised five kids, 3 military vets and loved to watch Young and the Restless. Even when he couldn't see, he would paste himself about 2 inches from the TV. He farmed into his 80's.

Some people would say I have been blessed with being able to be close to all my grandparents. I have seen two of my grandparents all most everyday since I was born, up until I went to college. Now one of them is in the nursing home not able to feed herself. I have basically lost 3 grandparents in the last year. I guess they don't live forever, but it still sucks.

I remember a few years ago when I got engaged, my great grandpa said that I better hurry up and get married so he could see it. Well, I didn't hurry enough.

It sucks to know how much my three grandparents would have felt to see me get married, and its going to suck not seeing them there.

Comments