In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hey Suspension...

LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
How has the spring gobbler season treated you this year? Are they done over your way??

How 'bout the rest of you?

Lmbhngr

Comments

• DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    just tonight i saw a nice tom and three hens out in the field bout 400 yards away. wasnt huntin though[:I]
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Season ended here Sunday.and it SUCKED.[B)]
  • LmbhngrLmbhngr Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by surekill

Why? Weather? Early spring? Mean turkeys? You suck at turkey hunting? Haha...just kidding. [:D]

It's been tough here in OH though our harvest is better than last year. The overall weather the last two weeks has been wet and cold which is going to jeopardize the poult survival rate if it doesn't change soon. I took a nice 3yr old the second Saturday. This is our last weekend coming up but, I'm optimistic if the weather holds. Week 4 has been very productive for me the last 2 years. Hopefully, I can convince some ol' longbeard to come and be a movie star in my video! [;)]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Good luck to you, hope you can make it 3 yrs in a row.
    edited November -1
    Hey thanks Bang.
    Don't you IL boys hunt birds? You guys surely have some awesome turkey hunting there, too?
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Lmbhngr
    quote:Originally posted by surekill

Why? Weather? Early spring? Mean turkeys? You suck at turkey hunting? Haha...just kidding. [:D]

It's been tough here in OH though our harvest is better than last year. The overall weather the last two weeks has been wet and cold which is going to jeopardize the poult survival rate if it doesn't change soon. I took a nice 3yr old the second Saturday. This is our last weekend coming up but, I'm optimistic if the weather holds. Week 4 has been very productive for me the last 2 years. Hopefully, I can convince some ol' longbeard to come and be a movie star in my video! [;)]

1st time in 8 years I didn't get a bird...Everything was just messed up here, wouldn't come in to the decoys,stop talking early.I [B)]could go on and on.
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    How has the spring gobbler season treated you this year? Are they done over your way??

Lmbhngr

I believe it's over today isn't it? I planned on going out this afternoon some, but I might not. Haven't been out nearly as much as I should have. I woulda went this morning, but last night took a toll on my aching head and I just woke up. (Johnson won at Lowe's again[:(])
    I've only seen a couple really decent gobblers this year, and they stayed their distance from me [:D]. How about you?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension

Lmbhngr

I believe it's over today isn't it? I planned on going out this afternoon some, but I might not. Haven't been out nearly as much as I should have. I woulda went this morning, but last night took a toll on my aching head and I just woke up. (Johnson won at Lowe's again[:(])
    I've only seen a couple really decent gobblers this year, and they stayed their distance from me [:D]. How about you?

The only three birds I "messed with" opening week hurt my feelings. [:(] I took a nice 3yr old the second Saturday. [:p] Not much happened the second Sunday or the third weekend. I went to my honeyhole yesterday and thought I had a bird in the vest by 7:30a and then out of nowhere a hen comes in and my gobbler goes away. I couldn't believe it...a hen...on the last weekend. [:(!] I figured they were mostly sitting down there by now? Then today...thought I was done before 8a and when a big gobbler with the deepest, throaty gobble I've ever heard apparently saw me swing the barrel into position ??? and flew into a tree in front of me. (I couldn't see him/them) 2-1/2 hrs later I snuck off too call from a different location. His buddy walked off clucking wondering WTH is up with him? Couldn't coax him in. [B)][B)]

I was a good season overall. I ran my streak to 12 consecutive years with a harvest...14 of 16 overall. This year could have been 3 in a row with 2 tags filled but, that's why they call it turkey hunting.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Hey thanks Bang.
    Don't you IL boys hunt birds? You guys surely have some awesome turkey hunting there, too?

Spring turkey is a draw, I have applied and been refunded 2 yrs in a row[xx(][:(].
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    With that much action it's always worth while.
    I need to stop working so much and focus more on huntin, should make that my new moto and have a tee shirt made up. [:D]
    edited November -1
    quote: Originally posted by bang250

Spring turkey is a draw, I have applied and been refunded 2 yrs in a row[xx(][:(].

A draw!? Bummer man...I'd have to move...for sure I'd be hunting somewhere every spring.

quote: Originally posted by Suspension

With that much action it's always worth while.
    I need to stop working so much and focus more on huntin, should make that my new moto and have a tee shirt made up. [:D]

You may make a million bucks with a witty t-shirt. Maybe something along the lines of "hunters go deeper in the bush"? [:D][:p] Wasn't there shirt that had something like that on it a few years back? Funny stuff...