In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Father Daughter Dance

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
Litte problem here. My neice asked me to take her to the Father Daughter Dance tonite. She is 12 years old and is so siked. Her parents are devoriced and her dad dosent pay much attention to her and she did not want to go with him.
Yesterday I threw out my back the pain is horrible[xx(]

I do not want to dissipoint her so here are my options.

! get really drunk and feel no pain.. cant do it have to be around kids.

2. not go ---- Wont do that to her

3. AHHHHHHHH wife has some vicodin......I have never been to one of these things what can I expect.[?][:o)]

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I don't like that crap, makes ya feel all loopy and out of it, hey wait I DID like that stuff.

seriously I found it didn't do anything for the pain, I just didn't give 2 s h ! t s weather I hurt or not.

If it is a muscle you may get more relief from 6-800 mg of advil/Ibprofen.

I have never been to a father daughter dance either but I would guess you may expect some dancin' or a lot of kids standing around gossiping.[:D][;)]
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hopefully bro when her eyes light up with joy the pain will be bearable.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I agree with bang. Start the anti-inflamatory regimen right now.

Pop about 2 or 3 advils now, another couple after 5 hours, and then pop 4 right before you leave, or while you're on your way. Save the vicodin just in case.

Don't drink while (over)dosing on advil.

Ben
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    I agree with bang. Start the anti-inflamatory regimen right now.

Pop about 2 or 3 advils now, another couple after 5 hours, and then pop 4 right before you leave, or while you're on your way. Save the vicodin just in case.

Don't drink while (over)dosing on advil.

Ben

Advil contains Ibprophen (sp?) you can get prescriptions for the drug in 800 mg tablets. You can take 4 a day
    so, with advil you could take 16 in one day and not be over dosing.

you will be nice and happy though. [:D] During football our team doctor would walk around with a bottle of ibprophen before the game. How many do you want was the question. Of course, he limited us to like 8 or 10 or something like that. So yeah....
    edited November -1
    My doc had me takin' 3, 200 mg tabs 3-4 times a day and it never made me nice and happy. I got screwed[:(!]
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    My doc had me takin' 3, 200 mg tabs 3-4 times a day and it never made me nice and happy. I got screwed[:(!]

he should of given you a prescription cause the bigger tablets are cheaper then popping multiply small ones.
    edited November -1
    I have a free supply right now of the 200s but when it runs out that may be a good idea. I have a couple of those big boxes of IB that contain the small packs that you see at gas stations and such that were donated to me by one of the companies we work with.
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    heres my advice take 1600mqs of ibu an have the vicoden in your pocket when she dances your socks off all night take the vicoden after 2 beers when ya get home u will have the best sleep ever
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Update I coulden't take the pain any more.[:(] I have been icing it since last night 3 advil every two hours wassan't touching the pain.[B)] called my bro and he got me in with his chiropractor so I went. I just got back to work. He adjusted my lower back which hurt like H#$#[:0] then he put packs of ice kneeded the muscle some then put that electrial pulse therapy on .. The pain went from about a 9 to a 4...[^] I will take it easy tonite But there was no way I was not going. Thanks for all the advise and support. after the dance he told me to take it real easy for the weekend and come back on tuesday... Thanks again Guys.[;)]
    edited November -1
    you're a pretty kick * uncle.[8D]

Ben
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    you're a pretty kick * uncle.[8D]

Ben

Leave out the pretty part please[xx(] but i agree on the other.
    edited November -1
    I I I am too sexy for my shirt. Too sexy for my shirt
    when I do my little dance on the cat walk .. on the catwalk[:D][:D][:D][:D] shes a cool neice shes been through a lot had a cancer tumor when she was 9 was treated did not come back I will post some photos on Tuesday.[8D][8D]
    edited November -1
    Rock on Bug nuts!! Lookin foward to pics.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Rock on Bug nuts!! Lookin foward to pics.

bug nuts and weasle tits over and out.[:D][:D]
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    have fun. You can bet that she will never forget what you are doing for her.
    edited November -1
    I've played with those TENS before. Hey buckey, I've got a dare for you.

Put that tens on your forehead, and crank 'er up.

I made it three seconds before I had to rip it off--that poop puts a pain in your head that feels like somebody is jabbing a screwdriver into your skull.

Ben

p.s. the nipples don't hurt too bad, if'n you got a chick your trying to impress.[:p]

Ben
  • remington nutremington nut Member Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i took my 7 year old daughter to the father daughter dance for Brownies and i dreaded it, but the minute we walked into the dance hall and her eyes lit up and she asked me to dance with her it made getting dressed up and dragging my butt out to the dance well worth it.... watching her and some of the other girls running around acting like a bunch of silly girls made me laugh but when she left her friends and came over and asked me to dance again with her it took just one *thank-you daddy... i love you* to bring a tear to my eye they sure grow up fast
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Way to go buckey!...get rested,them teen girls will dance your * off! Your legs are gonna hurt more than your back![:D]
    chicken dance
    hokey pokey
    personal Jesus dance
    electric slide
    break dancing
    harlem shuffle
    hip-hoppin
    line dancing
    etc..etc..etc...
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Hope you had fun.