In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Cracked Limb

thunderstick82thunderstick82 Member Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
I've decided I would try to hunt with a bow this deer season. Problem is, I have no bow. My buddy has a PSE compound bow that has a small crack in the limb. He said i could have if i wanted it. Is this something I could have replaced and have a decent bow to start off with or would I only be collecting junk?

Comments

• taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The limb would cost as much as the bow is worth. You can pick up used bows reasonable nowadays so i'd go that route.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I agree with Taco dont throw your money away.[;)]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Yep, what they said.
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Actually take the bow. Then call PSE and see what they will do about it. Do not tell them that it was given to you. They will either cut you a good deal with a trade or send you a new limb for nothing or next to nothing. I know that PSE gets some flack here, BUT....they are not bad bows and they have great customer service! It may take a few phone calls but its better then spending money you may not have right now.
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Imagine that... A PSE with a cracked limb. I have seen lots of them in the last 2 years.
  • thunderstick82thunderstick82 Member Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys. I've got a PSE dealer close by who says he can order me a set of limbs for $100 plus shipping. Good deal or not?
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by thunderstick82
    Thanks guys. I've got a PSE dealer close by who says he can order me a set of limbs for $100 plus shipping. Good deal or not?

Most set of limbs cost about that much no matter what brand. If I were to order a set of limbs for my Mathews it would cost me 100 bucks. Depends on how old the bow is and how bad you want to shoot that bow.
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by thunderstick82

For the $100.00 go to ebay....my $0.02 worth