In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ok I wasn't gonna

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
I didn't want to say anything but I have to. I bought the Switchback XT and love it, however I must admit the Bowtech Tribute might be a little smoother, quieter, lighter. I shot them side by side and there is a difference in the 2. the only thing I didn't like about it was the feel of the grip and it was about $100 more. but man, if anyones in the market I'd say the Switchback XT and the Tribute are the top 2 out there. Just my opinion of course.

Comments

• Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Did u at least shoot a hoyt???????
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by headzilla97
    Did u at least shoot a hoyt???????

sure but there is really nothing to talk about. nothing stuck out that really impressed me.[:D] I think I shot the "vibe and shock" model.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    the only thing I didn't like about it was the feel of the grip and it was about $100 more.

I realy like the grips on the tribute. However, I think that it is louder and has more vibration then my bows, don't know about the switchback though. I tell you though, buddy of mine has his tribute shooting 304 or something close to that with a hunting arrow.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    The vibe and shock model[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    the only thing I didn't like about it was the feel of the grip and it was about $100 more.

I tell you though, buddy of mine has his tribute shooting 304 or something close to that with a hunting arrow.

This fella at the shop said he's shootin 288 fps pullin 58 lbs. shootin' fat shafts.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1

I tell you though, buddy of mine has his tribute shooting 304 or something close to that with a hunting arrow.

This fella at the shop said he's shootin 288 fps pullin 58 lbs. shootin' fat shafts. whats amo on the bow... sounds a little fast for what hes shooting good question for Ghostgolen[;)]
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

This fella at the shop said he's shootin 288 fps pullin 58 lbs. shootin' fat shafts.

304 is at 70 pounds or it could be 80, but he is shooting a 500 + grain arrow. Heck, even my hunting arrows are only 430. Of course its funny as hell to see him grunt it back at 80 pounds, try doing that for a 3D course. I have had enough shoulder and elbow problems in the last 6 years I don't need any more in my life. Plus pulling a 63 pound bow back all day long is easier then straining myself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    http://www.bowtecharchery.com/main.html

You'll have to click on products then Tribute.
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Bang check out these grips for your XT or any other MATHEWS bows.
    www.TorqueLess.com