In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

More broadhead questions

KrisWKrisW Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
So I was bored last night at work and got to thinking, how often should you practice shooting broadheads? what do you shoot them in? Do dull ones fly any different? lol

Comments

• Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Thats all I shoot. I quit useing field points.
  • Options
    KrisWKrisW Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what kind of target are you using? the one i am shooting now i wouldnt be able to get a broadhead out of without tearing the target up.
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    used the Bass Pro Shop version of the block and now useing the Yellow Jacket
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just shoot Mech.heads and you dont have to worry about it,because they fly just like field points.[:D]
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shoot mech heads so no need to practice, but when I go places that don't allow them I usually shoot a week before to get the broadheads dialed in. Since I went to G5 montecs going elk hunting I haven't had to worry because the fly just as good as my mechanicals.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I've heard that the montecs whistle. Any truth to that?

One of my buddies shot them, and even shot a couple into the dirt. I couldn't believe how good that steel was. They were very easy to resharpen.

Ben
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    I've heard that the montecs whistle. Any truth to that?[:0]Yep they do make noise in flight sounds like shooting feathers,, they also do Not hold a sharp edge.

One of my buddies shot them, and even shot a couple into the dirt. I couldn't believe how good that steel was. They were very easy to resharpen.

Ben
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    Thats all I shoot. I quit useing field points.
    same here girl I never shoot feild tips .. also morell 5 spot... yea its gets torn up a bit butI know where im hitting.[;)]