In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

pike county?

gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
How far are you guys from there? David and I are looking at a 5 day archery trip for this winter and we like what one there has to offer... and the price is good too...

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Illinois I presume. I'm on the other side of the state from there.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Illinois I presume. I'm on the other side of the state from there.

Have always heard that the whitetail hunting is great in Pike County... any thing you can tell me?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Its good pretty well anywhere in the state, Pike just gets a lot of publicity, therefore more hunters= higher numbers harvested.

I don't think you will go wrong with any Illinois hunt. Having said that I don't know that you can get in anywhere for this coming season can you? I would think most outfitters are filled up by now.
    You may try the bowhunting forum on AT and see if anyone there has any experience with the outfitter you are looking at.
    Let us know if you are coming up, maybe we can work something out for a meeting place.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Its good pretty well anywhere in the state, Pike just gets a lot of publicity, therefore more hunters= higher numbers harvested.

I don't think you will go wrong with any Illinois hunt. Having said that I don't know that you can get in anywhere for this coming season can you? I would think most outfitters are filled up by now.
    You may try the bowhunting forum on AT and see if anyone there has any experience with the outfitter you are looking at.
    Let us know if you are coming up, maybe we can work something out for a meeting place.

Trying to get it booked this week because they only have a couple openings left. Just have to wait until after dad's Dr. appt tomorrow to see when/if I can get out of here for a week.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think you will enjoy Illinois hunting, especailly with that new viper. What dates are you going to try for?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think you will enjoy Illinois hunting, especailly with that new viper. What dates are you going to try for?

has 2 weeks in November and one in December available right now. I am waiting to see what dad's surgery schedule will be.

veins from stomach down are "shrinking" and they have to go in and open them back up... sounds painful as poop to me... will be done in 3-5 different surgeries so I will have to work around when those are going to be done.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Check out the short video for this new product, it was done in Pike Co. after seeing the video I may have to buy one of the calls.
    Hope dad recovers quickly.

http://www.obsessionarchery.com/buck-growl-mad-calls-p-830.html
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live about 2 miles from the Pike county line.... But it's the INDIANA Pike county![:D][}:)] Pike co. Indiana is where my hunting lease is. It's fun to go to Expo's and say that you have a lease in Pike county and see the reation you get! Have fun on your hunt![:D]
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    Pike co. Indiana is where my hunting lease is.[:D]

That gota suck [B)]...Where We hunt in Parke Co. NO LEASE over 800+ acres.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with bang, Pike county gets alot of publicity because of the outfitters that are there. Most of them won't let you shoot young bucks unless they are trying to cull one. There's one in deep southern illinois called Samsons Ridge that charges up to $7,500.00 for a 180 inch deer, and since they are privately owned they can use rifles there.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [:0] quote:and since they are privately owned they can use rifles there

are you kidding me? I thought State law was no rifles? So can I use rifle on my privately owned ground?[?][?]

bang (confused)
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have about 2000 acres I can hunt... For free... [:D]
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I'm going to GIBBY'S County Illinois.... It's even better than Pike County.[;)][:D]whats up Bug Nuts.[:o)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Not much there weasel tits. Gonna get a fletch tool from Enos, order some blazers and some Carbon Force Dominator 300s.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    www.samsonsridge.com

Talk about overpriced[:0]
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    [:0] quote:and since they are privately owned they can use rifles there

are you kidding me? I thought State law was no rifles? So can I use rifle on my privately owned ground?[?][?]

bang (confused)

If you domestically raise, and breed deer in a pen, you can kill them anyway that you want.

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    How far are you guys from there? David and I are looking at a 5 day archery trip for this winter and we like what one there has to offer... and the price is good too...
    [?] gagirl What outfitter are you going with... use caution and ask the right questions.. and make sure they can deliver what they promise .. I have been burned more than once.[B)] not trying to put a damper on a good time. but you do have to make sure of what your doing.
    Most good outfitters that are good are booked by feburary or march of that same year?? Just my expierence. hopeflly someone you know has been with them before. ask questions like if I hit a deer and it is not recovered is my hunt over...[?] you will be suprised to find the answer from many outfitters is Yes.[:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks for the info... and for watching out for me Buckey [;)]. Dont see how I can book this in the next week since the Dr didnt tell dad anything final yesterday (outside of the fact that one veins going to one kidney are totally blocked and 98% to one leg too) We still dont know when they will be putting the ballons in so I just dont feel right about planning a trip and leaving mom alone to deal with this stuff. Guess I will just have to settle with going to Va this year.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    thanks for the info... and for watching out for me Buckey [;)]. Dont see how I can book this in the next week since the Dr didnt tell dad anything final yesterday (outside of the fact that one veins going to one kidney are totally blocked and 98% to one leg too) We still dont know when they will be putting the ballons in so I just dont feel right about planning a trip and leaving mom alone to deal with this stuff. Guess I will just have to settle with going to Va this year.
    [:(] sad to hear you have all that going on. when My Dad was sick I tried to go hunting one day I felt guilty later. and did not enjoy myself. I know it's tough but I think your very un-selfish for making the right decision.[^]
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    http://www.turkeycreeklodge.com/

If you want to hunt Jasper County Illinois, this place is really nice & guided.

If you want to stay at a B&B in the area, or in a camper I got a really good place for you to hunt also.

It's a helluvalot cheeper, and it could be professionally guided...by me![;)]

Ben