In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Fletchers????

gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
I have an arizona... but just ordered a Bitzenburger. You guys that shoot Blazers... do you do an off set or helical and how much? Was not sold on the Arizona with the blazers... so decided to get a Bitzenburger.

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    I have an arizona... but just ordered a Bitzenburger. You guys that shoot Blazers... do you do an off set or helical and how much? Was not sold on the Arizona with the blazers... so decided to get a Bitzenburger.
    I use the Arizona for the Blazers,. mine works fine. Did you try it. Or you just think it wont work or?????
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah I tried it several times. I dont think it gives as much .... for a lack of a better way of saying it... "push" between the blazer and shaft. Not to mention that it just does not give a very accurate degree between fletches. I am just really * about things I guess. I want them to be all the same EXACT degree aprat on the shaft and same exact degree offset.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah I tried it several times. I dont think it gives as much .... for a lack of a better way of saying it... "push" between the blazer and shaft. Not to mention that it just does not give a very accurate degree between fletches. I am just really * about things I guess. I want them to be all the same EXACT degree aprat on the shaft and same exact degree offset.

They will fly better that way cause the back end of the arrow is balanced.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Shoff... that is why I want to try the Bitzenburger... know what I mean?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Oh I know what your talking about.[;)] The little cap you slide over the top does not provide enough pressure of vane to arrow. I forgot to mention I use a hose clamp instead of the cap and slide it down to the top of the vanes. As far as allignment thats a fixed position mine come out perfet every time however I have used mime lots so I kina have it down to a science.
    With fastfletch gel I can do 12 arrows in 20 minuites.[:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Buckey.. One thing I have noticed with the Arizona is that the alignment is not great. Even useing another clamp... which I tried too. The arms shift way too easy for my taste. Maybe it just does not work well enough for my taste but if you are getting good results... keep useing it. [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Buckey.. One thing I have noticed with the Arizona is that the alignment is not great. Even useing another clamp... which I tried too. The arms shift way too easy for my taste. Maybe it just does not work well enough for my taste but if you are getting good results... keep useing it. [:D]
    [;)] As long as my arrows keep finding their mark[^] I will keep using it.[;)] It hasen't let me down so far. It does take some practice. Even if you use the hose clamp you still need to use the index cap thats what allings the three arms perfectly. unless ya got a dud.[:(] in any case try the berger let us know how ya like it.[:)]
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Oh I know what your talking about.[;)] The little cap you slide over the top does not provide enough pressure of vane to arrow. I forgot to mention I use a hose clamp instead of the cap and slide it down to the top of the vanes. As far as allignment thats a fixed position mine come out perfet every time however I have used mime lots so I kina have it down to a science.
    With fastfletch gel I can do 12 arrows in 20 minuites.[:0]

but why not just use a fletcher that doesn't need engineered when you use it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Cause its fast easy and accuate. If you dont use the other fletchers properly you will also have issues. Like I said I'll keep useing her til she stops killing for me.[;)]
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I dont think it gives as much ... "push" between the blazer and shaft ... I am just really * about things I guess.

That's your hottest post ever.

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    I dont think it gives as much ... "push" between the blazer and shaft ... I am just really * about things I guess.

That's your hottest post ever.

Ben
    [:0] Ben Not in a million years would I have put all that together in trhat context. THANKS MAN, that is hot[:D][:D][:I]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ben Not in a million years would I have put all that together in trhat context.

Times are tough.

Ben
  • Options
    edited November -1

Times are tough.

Ben
    SH## I guess so[:0]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Enos has a nice magazine collection, maybe he'll let you borrow some.

If he can get them unstuck.

heh, she said *
  • Options
    edited November -1

Times are tough.

Ben

Ben I just ordered you a girlfriend.. just dont get your broadheads too close to her.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1

Times are tough.

Ben

Ben I just ordered you a girlfriend.. just dont get your broadheads too close to her.[;)]
    Ordered[:D][:D][:D] Pop and she flies around the room[:D][:D][:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ordered[:D][:D][:D] Pop and she flies around the room[:D][:D][:0]

but she sure is flexible![:p]

Ben