In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Whisker Biscuit

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,200 ******
The way the biscuit is put on the bow do you guys buy shorter arrows for it, or do you just let the broadhead stick a few inches out from the rest?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone else use one? While practicing I can hear the arrow glide through it, Gold Tip graphite. If I can hear it I'm sure a deer can on a calm day. Any ideas? I've had both hips replaced 3 years ago and am not as graceful standing up and I like the thought of the arrow staying put in it.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    do you have the newer biscuit with the softer bristles.

Most of us here I think use them I know I love mine.[;)]
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Most of us here I think use them
    not me[^]Nap quiktune dropaway[:p]
  • Options
    likemhotlikemhot Member Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use one, and had the same problem. I thought I would go out of my mind trying to remedy the problem and then I contacted Easton. I told them what I was using, arrow head grains, etc. and they recommended changing fletchings, to a longer, slimmer profile. quieted right up. good luck
    likemhot
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    remember also if you didn't know they are differnt for aluminum and carbon. i have the newer and cant hear a thing
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love mine. Nice and quiet. With low profile fletching. No fumbling with arrows falling off the rest. I keep it noked and just grab the bow and I'm ready to release.[:p]
  • Options
    PSFD DONKEYPSFD DONKEY Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Same here, wouldn't trade it for anything else.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks to all. It is not the fletching that I'm hearing, it is the shaft when I'm drawing the bow back.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    Thanks to all. It is not the fletching that I'm hearing, it is the shaft when I'm drawing the bow back.
    spray some silicone on the biscuit.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    spray some silicone on the biscuit.[;)]

Ditto. I have never had to do it but I hear alot of people do.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys.[:)]
  • Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I LOVE mine and won't get rid of it for anything else on the market right now. The newer biscuits have black and brown whiskers. The browns are softer and are a little easier on the fletchings. I had the problem of tearing my fletchings and switched to Blazers and problem was solved. I haven't had a problem with sound though. One other thing you may check is that you have the right size biscuit for your arrows. The biscuits are made with different sized holes for larger or smaller diameter shafts. Good luck and hope this helps.

One other piece of advice... Watch out for three guys on here, Bang, Buckey and Taco... Lets just say "Broke Back Mountain was their FAV!!![:D][:p][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slash0311
    I LOVE mine and won't get rid of it for anything else on the market right now. The newer biscuits have black and brown whiskers. The browns are softer and are a little easier on the fletchings. I had the problem of tearing my fletchings and switched to Blazers and problem was solved. I haven't had a problem with sound though. One other thing you may check is that you have the right size biscuit for your arrows. The biscuits are made with different sized holes for larger or smaller diameter shafts. Good luck and hope this helps.

One other piece of advice... Watch out for three guys on here, Bang, Buckey and Taco... Lets just say "Broke Back Mountain was their FAV!!![:D][:p][:D]
    keep it up doughnut patrol... Slash your brilliant what did you do read all our post[:o)] then tell him the same thing we told him two days ago...[;)] You wont be making detective anytime soon.[:0][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Doughnut patrol.....your killin me!!![:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Doughnut patrol.....your killin me!!![:D]
    wait till I come out there were gonna laugh our[8][8]'s off[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    For once I do have the right size hole.[:D]
  • Options
    Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Cheif Shaway, your really asking for it here[:D]
    This one is way too easy.[:p]
    Do you know what these guys(including myself)can do with this post?
    I'll pass this time......
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'll bite [:D] what size hole do you usually use..[:D][:D]
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Inquiring minds want to know?[:D]
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok so it looks like it is me and DaBowMan that do not use these crude rests.

Let me just say I HATE THEM! I HATE THEM! I HATE THEM! I HATE THEM!

Ok now that's out of my system... The whisker biscuit rest is a very crude rest. I know they are simple, and they keep an arrow inside; but so do so many of the new dropaways. I shoot a Trophy Ridge DropZone (not a containment rest). QAD, makes what I feel is the best rest on the market. Keeps your arrow in, until you fire the bow. Then it is gone, and not altering the flight of the arrow. Why did we all get away from the old plastic flapper that stuck to the side of the bows 15 years ago? So the fletch didn't interfere with arrow flight. Now so many shooters have gone back to them...

Ok end of rant... Did I mention that I don't like them?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    Ok so it looks like it is me and DaBowMan that do not use these crude rests.

Let me just say I HATE THEM! I HATE THEM! I HATE THEM! I HATE THEM!

Ok now that's out of my system... The whisker biscuit rest is a very crude rest. I know they are simple, and they keep an arrow inside; but so do so many of the new dropaways. I shoot a Trophy Ridge DropZone (not a containment rest). NAP, makes what I feel is the best rest on the market. Keeps your arrow in, until you fire the bow. Then it is gone, and not altering the flight of the arrow. Why did we all get away from the old plastic flapper that stuck to the side of the bows 15 years ago? So the fletch didn't interfere with arrow flight. Now so many shooters have gone back to them...

Ok end of rant... Did I mention that I don't like them?
    [:0]I dissagree with you about the whisker biscuit. I think it is one of the simplest best contributions to archery in years. MY groups are great with the biscuit. No noise does not bother my fletching a bit. As with any rest it needs to be installed and adjusted properly. the biscuit is simply the best rest on the market. Boy I sure wish I was the one who invented this crude peice of crap.[;)] Oh did I mention I love the whisker biscuit.[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bucky
    How can a rest that contacts the entire length of shaft and all of the fletch be as accurate as one that does not? Both my dad and I have tried to paper tune bows with WB rests with VERY poor results. We have both just gave up, installed geometrically correct and left them. The drop away design is far superior to a contact rest.

I am not saying the WB does not have its place. If all I did was hunt, all shots under 25 yds, no long distance I may feel different. If I did spot and stalk all the time things may be different. I have not seen anyone shooting a WB hold a 6" group at 70 yards. I can with my DropZone, and have seen others with other drop aways do it as well or better.

I just can't figure out why a guy would pay $750 or more for a bow and put less than the best on it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well alright your talking 70 yards target. I m talking hunting like you said But honestly 35-40 yards I have to shoot a four spot cause I cut my fletching with the arrows. I have personally shot adeer at 44 yards with the biscuit right through the heart I have the photos. I guess each rest has its place. On the other hand when I shoot at the arehery shop Ive seen guys with these bows that look like they are from outer space all kinds of chrome fancy adjustable rest Stabilizer that almost touch the target at twenty yards and I group bettr than them with a hunting bow and my super duper biscuit.
    If I were a target shooter perhaps I would think differantly. BY the way I never even practice with feild points I always shoot broadheads . Except at the range because it desroys their targets.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have to agree with DSCO, although i probably don't shoot good enough to see a difference with any rest.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    I have to agree with DSCO, although i probably don't shoot good enough to see a difference with any rest.
    Go figure you shoot a Hoyt your rest is better than your bow[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D] I think we can all agree the biscuit was designed for hunting not target shooting . and different products work well for some and others dislike them. lets face it drop away rests wre pretty new to archery. and so is the biscuit and archers were hitting their mark long before these two products were intoduced. my opinion is there is no substitute for practice the archer is himself or herself IS THE KEY COMPONENT[;)][:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Shoff
    Maybe it just a mathews thing to put junk on them...

Amen Bucky
    Practiece is key. I shoot with the guys with all the fancy stuff on their target bows. Most of them I can keep up with. I took 4th last year in the 300 league. 2 of the 3 that beat me did not drop a point all winter! Then again they shoot every day! I shoot more like 2 times a week.

We will have to agree to disagree on some things.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Shoff
    Maybe it just a mathews thing to put junk on them...

Amen Bucky
    Practiece is key. I shoot with the guys with all the fancy stuff on their target bows. Most of them I can keep up with. I took 4th last year in the 300 league. 2 of the 3 that beat me did not drop a point all winter! Then again they shoot every day! I shoot more like 2 times a week.

We will have to agree to disagree on some things.

Hey man bo problem here it's like some guy's like remmington some like Binelli , winchester. different strokes for different folks.

SOME GUY'S EVEN CHASE FAT CHICKS. I WONT MENTION ANY NAMES BIGINS WITH B AND ENDS WITH N[:0][:D][:D]
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    and has an E in the middle.....[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My bisquit does not have contact on the entire shaft. the hole is slightly bigger than the arrow. Mine is also paper tuned so it can be done. I havent tried a drop away maybe some day. But for huntin the busquit rocks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bang
    Your arrow does contact at least the bottom of the rest for the entire length of the shaft. Shooting is believing when it comes to the drop aways. As far as trying one... Try the QAD. It has a bar over the top so the arrow is held inside like a biscuit, but when fired the bottom drops out. A good friend onf mine just started working at a shop and put one on his bow. No looking back.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bang
    Your arrow does contact at least the bottom of the rest for the entire length of the shaft. Shooting is believing when it comes to the drop aways. As far as trying one... Try the QAD. It has a bar over the top so the arrow is held inside like a biscuit, but when fired the bottom drops out. A good friend onf mine just started working at a shop and put one on his bow. No looking back.

roger that! I thought you meant the shaft all the way around it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    THE

BISCUIT

ROCKS THE HOUSE
  • Options
    edited November -1
    THE

BISCUIT

ROCKS THE HOUSE

So do I!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Did you say rocks the house or the boat?
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    My bisquit does not have contact on the entire shaft. the hole is slightly bigger than the arrow. Mine is also paper tuned so it can be done. I havent tried a drop away maybe some day. But for huntin the busquit rocks

You have to shot a drop away, when you shot my buddies XT you were shooting it with a Ripcord on it. BTW, that's what I shoot although there isn't a thing wrong with the bisquit for hunting.