In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SKB Korean traditional recurve bow any shoot one?

rediceredice Member Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.3riversarchery.com/Product.asp?c=8&s=101&p=0&i=2210X

I am looking into buying this but wondering about it not having a shelf, do you just shoot off of gloved hand or how do you go about doing that? I want it for deer hunting because of the oal only being 50" right now im shooting an 84" longbow but cry at the thought of trying to pull it threw the woods.

2210X.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    We're a close knit group in here. I would guess and could be wrong but after your post in gagirls dog thread I'm guessin you won't get much help from us. You may want to look else where.[}:)]

Have a nice day
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You just tilt and shoot off your hand.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    We're a close knit group in here. I would guess and could be wrong but after your post in gagirls dog thread I'm guessin you won't get much help from us. You may want to look else where.[}:)]

Have a nice day

I dont fool around with badly trained dogs, any dog that comes at me agressively gets hurt/killed. I like dogs just as much as the next guy but not when there agressive. I have 180+ stiches in my head and another 60+ in my arm from an agressive dog when I was 4, I dont plan to have any more without puting up a fight.

And thanks for the info shoff14 thats what I assumed but just wanted to double check.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Glad I could help. Now if you don't mind I have 20 dogs down stairs that I need to go check on. Only 30 more days of observations and they go home.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by redice

Have a nice day

I dont fool around with badly trained dogs, any dog that comes at me agressively gets hurt/killed. I like dogs just as much as the next guy but not when there agressive. I have 180+ stiches in my head and another 60+ in my arm from an agressive dog when I was 4, I dont plan to have any more without puting up a fight.

And thanks for the info Bang250 thats what I assumed but just wanted to double check.
    See even a dumb animal know a duschbag when it smells one.[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

Have a nice day

And thanks for the info Bang250 thats what I assumed but just wanted to double check.
    See even a dumb animal know a duschbag when it smells one.[;)]

If thats the case you best keep a real close eye on your children, wouldent want one of them to get killed by the local dog now would we.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dont make it personal. You came to the forum mouthing off now either smarten up or screw.[;)] Oh Im really sorry man I gotta edit this . its not your falt I just read your profile

UN_EMPLOYEED FROM DELUTH any questions.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dont make it personal. You came to the forum mouthing off now either smarten up or screw.[;)] Oh Im really sorry man I gotta edit this . its not your falt I just read your profile

UN_EMPLOYEED FROM DELUTH any questions.

Or you could read it as a full time College Student, your the one who said it was a smart dog who attacks 4 year old kids. Im just worried about yours in this case since usualy the apple doesnt fall far from the tree.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey man truce[:)] maybe its me but you just come acrosslike your cool cause you can break a dogs neck or kick him in the chin. gagirl loves her dogs and trains them very well and we take offence to it.

Let me explain we are all pretty close on this forum you come in as the Agressive dog. guess what Your gonna get kicked in the chin. see my point.[;)] now apoligize to gagirl and you might just be welcome..I can tell your young and in years to come you should let "silence be your weapon" a quote from my Dad. [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey man truce[:)] maybe its me but you just come acrosslike your cool cause you can break a dogs neck or kick him in the chin. gagirl loves her dogs and trains them very well and we take offence to it.

Let me explain we are all pretty close on this forum you come in as the Agressive dog. guess what Your gonna get kicked in the chin. see my point.[;)] now apoligize to gagirl and you might just be welcome..I can tell your young and in years to come you should let "silence be your weapon" a quote from my Dad. [;)]

Thing is my father was the one who tought me to be wary of agressive dogs, he used to be attacked weekly while riding his bike in the cities he used to ride to work every day, even had some kids sick there dog on him on more than one ocassion. I didnt necisarrily mean it against gagirl I just meant in general. And im sure there are people out there who wont even let a dog near them weather its agressive or not, some will shoot first and ask questions later.

Its kind of like trying to force a person to walk foot bridge who is terrified of hights, he may hurt you to get out of doing it. And not even think rationally about it when he does it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well thats a little better it would have sounded nicer if you had said I have a real fear of dogs I was traumatized when I was a child so if a dog comes near me Imay hurt him so I dont get bit. see now were all happy. except Taco cause He's Gay[:D][;)]
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1

Thing is my father was the one who tought me to be wary of agressive dogs, he used to be attacked weekly while riding his bike in the cities he used to ride to work every day, even had some kids sick there dog on him on more than one ocassion. I didnt necisarrily mean it against gagirl I just meant in general. And im sure there are people out there who wont even let a dog near them weather its agressive or not, some will shoot first and ask questions later.

Its kind of like trying to force a person to walk foot bridge who is terrified of hights, he may hurt you to get out of doing it. And not even think rationally about it when he does it.

and who said my dogs were agressive?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well thats a little better it would have sounded nicer if you had said I have a real fear of dogs I was traumatized when I was a child so if a dog comes near me Imay hurt him so I dont get bit. see now were all happy. except Taco cause He's Gay[:D][;)]

Like I said im not afraid of dogs, I like most dogs its just if a dog acts agressively toward me I don't mess around with it, it gets to close it gets hurt.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl

and who said my dogs were agressive?

No one, Sorry I came off so against your dogs. I was trying to put my perspective on your situation. I dont feel any dogs should be let to run free especialy in cities, in the country they can if trained well enough but still your asking for trouble. In Minnesota if you see a dog chasing a deer its your duty to shoot it or at least last I checked it was for example.

There are people out there who would shoot a dog on sight if given half the chance, just because they are deathly afraid of them. Or just for fun, I know a guy from school who shoots cats cus he doesnt like them at first I thought he meant just alley cats, which didnt bother me quite as much. But he meant any cat he killed his nabors cat cus it went in his yard and then burned the body, so his nabor wouldent find out.

I would assume theres people who feel the same way about dogs, is it right? No but does it happen, ya.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by EhlerDave

Did he kick the kids? Break some necks or jaws? Did he use the knife? A person setting a dog on another person (for fun) is more dangerous than the dog.
    And I will say you are afraid of dogs. You come off sounding scared of dogs and to make up for that you want to walk around being billy bob bad butt to someones dog that is barking at you because you are in or near his territory. I dont know of anyone who has been chewed up (not just bit) by a dog that does not keep the fear with them. I know, my son got it just like you did, the "unprovoked attack" for him came when my son took the food bowl away.

As for the bow I have no idea. [:D]

Like I said earlier only hurt dogs that attack me, I dont go around looking for dogs to hurt dont be an *. My unprovoked attack happend when I was walking down a city street on the sidewalk, I gues I was in that dogs "territory" possibly if the owner would have had it leashed or fenced in his "terriroty" wouldent cover 4 city blocks.

I would never go near a dog acting agressively on purpose however on more than one ocassion they chose to come to me. I have no sympothy for somone who cant take care of there dog, eather keep it leashed fenced in or teach it to behave otherwise something will happen to it. Its pretty naive to think otherwise.
  • Options
    thunderstick82thunderstick82 Member Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like everyone could use a beer....or twelve.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by thunderstick82
    Sounds like everyone could use a beer....or twelve.[:D]

had 10 last night up til 1 and another round scheduled for this evening. I love it when my good friend comes back from Montana but its starting to wear me out.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by EhlerDave

Did he kick the kids? Break some necks or jaws? Did he use the knife? A person setting a dog on another person (for fun) is more dangerous than the dog.
    And I will say you are afraid of dogs. You come off sounding scared of dogs and to make up for that you want to walk around being billy bob bad butt to someones dog that is barking at you because you are in or near his territory. I dont know of anyone who has been chewed up (not just bit) by a dog that does not keep the fear with them. I know, my son got it just like you did, the "unprovoked attack" for him came when my son took the food bowl away.

As for the bow I have no idea. [:D]

Like I said earlier only hurt dogs that attack me, I dont go around looking for dogs to hurt dont be an *. My unprovoked attack happend when I was walking down a city street on the sidewalk, I gues I was in that dogs "territory" possibly if the owner would have had it leashed or fenced in his "terriroty" wouldent cover 4 city blocks.

I would never go near a dog acting agressively on purpose however on more than one ocassion they chose to come to me. I have no sympothy for somone who cant take care of there dog, eather keep it leashed fenced in or teach it to behave otherwise something will happen to it. Its pretty naive to think otherwise.
    ENOUGH WITH THIS STUPID DOG SH#@#@[:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    stop acting so aggressive[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    stop acting so aggressive[;)]
    Holy crap I'm so aggressive I bit myself[:D][:D] This dude just wont quit[xx(]
  • Options
    FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ... a simple and honest apology to gagirl (and perhaps to the forum) would be much easier, but then again it takes a better person to admit that he or she is wrong [^].
  • Options
    FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FEENIX
    ... a simple and honest apology to gagirl (and perhaps to the forum) would have been much easier, but then again it takes a better person to admit that he or she is wrong [^].