In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Drop Away

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,199 ******
The debate between the DA and the WB got me wondering. When you draw back with a DA and for whatever reason don't take the shot, what happens to the arrow when you let the string down?

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    It can fall off.[:0] Thats why I had the vital Kaz away real nice drop away shot real well but when I let down the arrow hops up and used to not sit right. I 'M not sure about other drop aways they might be different[?] but I think once you draw if you shake or somthing your done[:(] as with the biscuit draw let down shake not going to do anything to arrow position.[^] Cheif If your gonna hunt go with the biscuit .[;)]
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    It can fall off.[:0] Thats why I had the vital Kaz away real nice drop away shot real well but when I let down the arrow hops up and used to not sit right. I 'M not sure about other drop aways they might be different[?] but I think once you draw if you shake or somthing your done[:(] as with the biscuit draw let down shake not going to do anything to arrow position.[^] Cheif If your gonna hunt go with the biscuit .[;)]

WRONG!

I have shot two drop aways, a NAP 2000 and currently the trophy taker. Niether one would let the arrow drop off the rest if I were to let down. Niether one of them are a containment type drop away. If you are really worried about the arrow falling off the rest. You can get the arrow holder like NAP has or any of the other ones on the market.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy

WRONG! calm down I said the vital kaz away did not hold the arrow after draw which was $120.00 not a cheapie I stated " m not sure aboyt other drop aways. Tell ya this I chacked a bunch of other forums and reviews the biscuit is very well liked buy most hunters. most say wont use anything else nothing wrong with either AI personally prefer the biscuit I soy this week end with broadheads and at 30 -40 yard right inside a 3" ring no problem .[;)]Shoff do ya know anyone interested in the vital kaz away?? Sell it 1/2 price cabellas is getting $109.00

I have shot two drop aways, a NAP 2000 and currently the trophy taker. Niether one would let the arrow drop off the rest if I were to let down. Niether one of them are a containment type drop away. If you are really worried about the arrow falling off the rest. You can get the arrow holder like NAP has or any of the other ones on the market.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i am just stating my case. ;)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    i am just stating my case. ;)
    hey no peoblem shoff[:)] I just dont agree that the whisker biscuit is JUNK JUNK JUNK[:0] just the oposite its the most simple acurate rest available - FOR HUNTING what did ya fing out about those limbs.[?]
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    The debate between the DA and the WB got me wondering. When you draw back with a DA and for whatever reason don't take the shot, what happens to the arrow when you let the string down?
    it stays on the rest. i have a nap 2000 (?) DA rest and love it. i got sick on the arrow falling off the prong style rests, so i got this 1[^]
  • Options
    surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go Biscuit ALOT LESS HEADACHE.[:D]
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With the DropZone the arrow just lowers back to the pad as you let down from draw. Nothing to worry about. Even if the arrow is not in the pad as you draw, the rest is designed to pick it up and put it in the right place.
  • Options
    KrisWKrisW Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never had a problem with my fall away and the arrow coming out (so far).