In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I changed my grip

fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
It's supposed to make me a better shooter in the long run. Right now, it's just pissing me off, and making new muscles sore. But, it had to be done, as there was no way I could shoot wearing any kind of sleeves, without wreaking havoc on them with the string...ugh. No more shooting straight armed, I guess I'm an elbow bender from here on out.

Anybody else ever have to change their grip?

Ben

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben
    It's supposed to make me a better shooter in the long run. Right now, it's just pissing me off, and making new muscles sore. But, it had to be done, as there was no way I could shoot wearing any kind of sleeves, without wreaking havoc on them with the string...ugh. No more shooting straight armed, I guess I'm an elbow bender from here on out.

Ben
    Actually the way I hold my bow I never even had to use an arm guard unless I have very bulky clothing on. However one day after work I shot the bow and forgot I had a pen in my top pocket. never the less the pocket is not there any more. hows the LX shooting for ya Ben?
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Actually the way I hold my bow I never even had to use an arm guard unless I have very bulky clothing on. However one day after work I shot the bow and forgot I had a pen in my top pocket. never the less the pocket is not there any more. hows the LX shooting for ya Ben?

Well it was 3in @ 35 yards, but I changed my grip, and now i'm 4in @ 25 yards. It's going to take me a little bit to get used to, but the way I was shooting there would be absolutely no way to shoot in hunting clothes. Plus, when I'd shoot drunk, I'd always shoot my arm real good at least once.

Ben
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishermanben

Ben
    nope. with the old bow i had to bend my elbow with thick clothes
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Could be that your torque-kin in your bow is why your hitting forearm.
    Go here and look at this guys site: www.torqueLess.com His name is Dave GREAT GUY TO DEAL WITH!
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ben I also shoot with a bent elbow. I never had to change that, but I did just lower my ancor point about 1.5 in! Wow did that mess with everything. I have my sight all adjusted now. Was shooting 6" groups at 70 yards.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    STS will stop your string at its original resting position. stops the string from traveling forward and slapping your arm. $44. in cabelas. I shoot elbow turned out I guess thats kinda bent.
    http://www.obsessionarchery.com/sts-shock-terminator-suppressor-p-698.html
    bow.jpg
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another for shooting with my elbow turned out and wrist straight instead of bent in. My arm's still straight though. I don't where a sleeve while practicing in the summer. But sure do with winter clothes. Arrow weight is 480gr. so I don't practice over 40yds. Too much drop.